Non-newznab based indexing site

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
thadapacadava

Non-newznab based indexing site

Post by thadapacadava »

Hi,

I'm after opinions of what people believe are the best non-newznab based indexing sites out there.

My ideal setup is to have one newznab based indexer and one non-newznab based indexer to cover both bases. I am on nzb.su which is okay and is newznab based, and also omgwtfnzbs.org which lacks SABnzbd integration and is non-newznab based.

Thanks!
Eejit

Re: Non-newznab based indexing site

Post by Eejit »

What sort of Sab integration are you looking for?

With omgwtfnzbs, you can bookmark nzbs, and have Sab fetch the bookmarks via RSS feed, just as you can with newznab and the cart function.
CouchPotato has omgwtfnzbs built in and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Sickbeard has that function too.
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
thadapacadava

Post by thadapacadava »

Similar SABnzbd integration to newznab sites, where you provide your SABnzbd URL, API/NZB key and a "Send to SABnzbd" icon appears alongside NZBs as a download option

I was wondering about omgwtfnzbs API functions (and similar non-newznab sites I guess). They provide a wealth of API functions (JSON, XML etc) but I do not know how to plug into them using SABnzbd. Are they primarily meant for other usenet programs? I've never really noticed inside SABnzbd something that corresponds to plugging into the API functions omgwtfnzbs and similar sites provide.

P.S. - Are you the Eejit from matrix-reloaded?
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

I am ;)

The send to SAB can be accomplished exactly the same way with the RSS bookmark, albeit it wont be instant as you have to wait for the RSS poll (30 minutes in my case), but the results are the same.
I would also be reluctant to give a site my SAB details. Granted you can store them in a cookie, but cookies get deleted etc. I think the RSS method is more secure.
thadapacadava

Post by thadapacadava »

Yes I did notice the bookmarks feature, it's just the way I've configured my stuff at home doesn't lend itself to that setup. Oh well.

Did you know anything about the additional API features? Are you on omgwtfnzbs.org? I have an invite if you like.

P.S. - I was "uber" on matrix-reloaded.org but it kept moving so I gave up. Every now and then I go on nzbmatrix.com just to shed a little tear ;(

No indexing sites I've seen apart from omgwtfnzbs.org advertise themselves as non-newznab based. I'm guessing nzbsrus and gingadaddy and a few others are as well, but TBH their layout is a little sucky.
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

I use the bookmark (or RRS cart for newznab) extensively. As I'm not at home a lot (work on the rigs), the RSS feature on these sites is very important to me.

The additional API features on omgwtfnzbs appear to be new, but will fit in nicely to programs such as CouchPotato and Sickbeard. Thanks for the the invite, but I'm there already.

Since the death of the Matrix, loads of newznab sites have sprung up, I've even set one up myself (completely private and still under development).
GingaDADDY, NZBClub and NZB Royalty spring to mind. None of which are Sab compliant as such but if your looking for a replacement Matrix, then you're going to be looking for a long time :-(

Reloaded is good. Not an index site but a forum for all the 'ex' Matrix users. If you frequented the original forums then show up there. Similar topics style, IYKWIM
thadapacadava

Post by thadapacadava »

Found out nzbx.co is non-newznab. May just stick with that as a backup to omgwtfnzbs.org
TheCookies

Post by TheCookies »

Nzbx.co is newznab with a different skin..
bison88

Post by bison88 »

TheCookies wrote:Nzbx.co is newznab with a different skin..

From what it sounds like it's more of a hack job of a Newznab back-end. Pretty much everything it does breaks compatibility with third-party utilities because of the way the owner did things.