Manual Post-Processing

Want something added? Ask for it here.
Desisuperman11

Manual Post-Processing

Post by Desisuperman11 »

As seen in SIckbeard. A manual post-processing feature within Sabnzbd would really be helpful. Apologize if this exists or has been requested. In that event mods can delete this thread. Thanks
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Manual Post-Processing

Post by shypike »

It already has this for about the last 6 years.
It's called the post-processing attribute:
http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/job-options
syth

Post by syth »

That is not the same thing. Manual Post-Processing in Sick-beard is for dealing with jobs that for some reason or another have failed to be processed automatically.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

I have no idea what you mean.
Please explain what you consider to be "manual post-processing" in a SickBeard context.
syth

Post by syth »

In sick beard, for example, you could have a folder of tv episodes and could run manual post-processing to parse those episodes and put them into the SB database and into the right folder with the right names.

I'm not sure what the OP really wants, since the retry and ability to add nzbs seems to deal well with problem files.
Jamesbcd

Post by Jamesbcd »

Sorry to dig up old thread. I think what OP was trying to say..

I have a bunch of shows already downloaded by other means etc and they are sorted in individual folders like..

Code: Select all

\season 1
   \s01e01
      s02e01.rar
      s02e01.rar
      etc
   \s01e02
      s01e02.rar
      s01e02.rar
      etc
   \s01e03
      s01e03.rar
      s01e03.rar
      etc
If I had downloaded with sab, it would automatically extract the files for me and place them where they need to be.
But how do I do this for files already downloaded not via sabnzbd? I have quite a few seasons and manually extracting each episode is very time consuming.

Cheeky first post, sorry! I did try a search but couldn't find anything apart from this thread.

Edit: Done some more searching and seems to revolve around 'unrar'. Can anyone help with this?
I have managed to unrar a few episodes individually with command prompt but it's way easier just extracting them normally. Is there a way to do it automatically without having to type in the folder paths, rar name etc?
Can anyone point me in the right direction, I'm happy to read other forum posts etc.

Edit2: Managed to do it with WinRar. Just opened WinRar, went to 'Season 1' path, highlighted all the folder episodes and clicked extract. Unrars them all but still leaves the other files behind. No biggy as I can get SickBeard to manually post process all the episodes into the right place then delete the others manually.
syth

Post by syth »

Yeah, Manually post-process will process that entire directory tree and do the "right thing"
fventura03

Post by fventura03 »

i'd like this for Password protected files, I run a server with no GUI so it gets hard for me to extract something with a password, what i've been doing is just deleting the file and finding an alternative...
mbausch

Not just that

Post by mbausch »

My sabnzbd has decided to go on a rampage. I'm trying to get one episode of a TV show downloaded, it's set to run the sabToSickBeard.py script which it's successfully done hundreds of times, and I get an error that there are a maximum of 2 arguments given (3 provided). If we had a "Manual post-processing" button, I could browse to the folder where it finished and say "Try again! Do what you should have done when it finished downloading but you horked on me." It can't be that hard to have a way to manually do something that's already been configured to be done automatically, can it?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Not sure what you mean, but each failed job has a "retry" button in the History.