pre queue script question.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sparklyballs

pre queue script question.

Post by sparklyballs »

i'm running couch potato , headphones and sickbeard in conjunction with sab at the moment, i'm going to migrate everything over to an unraid setup within the next few days and i'm interested in a pre queue script.

as it stands now, headphones picks up a lot of "dodgy" files which all seem to be round about the 30-35 MB size, i'd like to screen for anything under say 35MB coming from headphones (i'm prepared to sacrifice any false-positives).

My next issue concerns couch potato and splitting out hd movies from sd, is there any way to automate this (say via pre queue based on size) or within couchpotato itself , or another method ?
sparklyballs

Re: pre queue script question.

Post by sparklyballs »

to clarify the "dodgy" , i mean .exe files instead of media format files.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Our pre-queue description contains example for checking the size:
http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/user-pre-queue-script
sparklyballs

Post by sparklyballs »

shypike wrote:Our pre-queue description contains example for checking the size:
http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/user-pre-queue-script

thanks for the link, i'm intrigued by this bit "The script can be anything that is considered "executable" by the operating system."

can i take this to mean i can write a catch-all email-script that lets me know when a nzb has been received by sab if it meets certain criteria (like emanating from sickbeard for instance ? )
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

sparklyballs wrote: can i take this to mean i can write a catch-all email-script that lets me know when a nzb has been received by sab if it meets certain criteria (like emanating from sickbeard for instance ? )
Not sure what you mean.
You get the info that is listed in the description.
You cannot really see where the NZB comes from, but you can test its size.
One pre-script is run for all the NZBs.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

You can make the script do stuff that isn't directly related to the intended use of deciding about queue entry and manipulating associated parameters, if that's what you meant. For the example you gave, the origin of the nzb (i.e., sickbeard) could be derived from its category, and sending email from the command line is possible, so this could work.
sparklyballs

Post by sparklyballs »

jcfp wrote:You can make the script do stuff that isn't directly related to the intended use of deciding about queue entry and manipulating associated parameters, if that's what you meant. For the example you gave, the origin of the nzb (i.e., sickbeard) could be derived from its category, and sending email from the command line is possible, so this could work.

that's exactly what i meant, i'd like to be notified by email if sab gets an nzb from sickbeard.