Remove & Delete Data / Playing Files

Want something added? Ask for it here.
Phixion

Remove & Delete Data / Playing Files

Post by Phixion »

Hey guys, I have 2 suggestions that I think would be nice to have.

Remove & Delete Data: I'd like to see an option to Delete Files from the History list (completely delete them from your system). A bit like the "Remove & Delete Data option in many torrent clients, this would save time navigating through folders to your downloaded stuff. This could be added to the "X" button on the History header.

Edit: I notice this exists, however it seems to always be greyed out.

Playing Files: The ability to launch video/images etc via a "Play" icon next to the file name under the History area.

In any case, I love this application, keep up the good work ;)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Remove & Delete Data / Playing Files

Post by sander »

Both features have requested and denied the past:

Removing healthy, good files is not something the SABnzbd developers want to do.

Playing files is very platform (Linux, OSX, Windows, NAS, etc) dependent, and won't certainly work with remote SAB and/or remote drives.
Phixion

Post by Phixion »

sander wrote:Both features have requested and denied the past:

Removing healthy, good files is not something the SABnzbd developers want to do.
Developers might not want this, end users might... whats the big deal in letting the end user decide what resides on their HDD?
sander wrote:Playing files is very platform (Linux, OSX, Windows, NAS, etc) dependent, and won't certainly work with remote SAB and/or remote drives.
There could be options to enable/disable this, even options to choose what applications to use when opening certain files. I run SAB on both Windows and Linux, I wouldn't dream of using that option on my headless Linux server, I would however use it on my Windows PC.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Phixion wrote: Developers might not want this, end users might... whats the big deal in letting the end user decide what resides on their HDD?
Developers create software, end users don't.
We don't want to implement this feature because there are too many ways things can go wrong.
After Sorting and user scripts, SABnzbd can never be sure where files went to.

For the other question: we don't want to spend time on this, there are plenty of other challenges for SABnzbd.