2 copies of every download

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
bjarni187

2 copies of every download

Post by bjarni187 »

i have been using SAB problem-free for a few months now.  all of a sudden, when i add a nzb file, it downloads and extracts, but when i look in the completed folder there are two copies of each download. 

for example, i get the following in my completed folder:
2x01 - TV Show
2x01 - TV Show.1

any suggestions as to what might be going on?
lovol

Re: 2 copies of every download

Post by lovol »

I had the same on 0.4.11 - it was actually 2 copies of everything in the queue...

I had connections timed out, newzbin msg ids were stuck on 'retrieving', I hit reset on the on computer, all worked fine, I just had to copies of everthing.

I didn't think much of it, the computer had been downloading for over a week constantly without fault.
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

Do you use nzbdstatus plugin for firefox? If so, check in the settings if "Send NZB files to this deamon" is checked. If it is checked, uncheck it because you probably using another way to import nzb files to sabnzbd and nzbdstatus plugin is also importing it at the same time causing it to double downloads
Last edited by DeXeS on July 12th, 2009, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Picteks

Post by Picteks »

I have the identical issue.  According to the History, it has only been downloaded once. 

Using v0.4.11
Not using the firefox extension
I noticed that this happened with two files downloaded using RSS feeds (from mytvnzb), but not with an NZB downloaded manually.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Go to Config->Switches and set option "Do not download same job twice" on.
RSS feeds may well contain multiple copies of a download.
geebee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by geebee »

I have just started getting this too, on the latest 0.5 beta.

No RSS feeds active, no addon programs running..."do not download dupes" is selected.

Seems to put one copy into the queue then start downloading two copies. Once the first is complete, the seond starts with the folder name appended with xxxx.1.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

geebee wrote: I have just started getting this too, on the latest 0.5 beta.
No RSS feeds active, no addon programs running..."do not download dupes" is selected.
Seems to put one copy into the queue then start downloading two copies. Once the first is complete, the seond starts with the folder name appended with xxxx.1.
And you are certain that you do not have the Firefox add-on nzbStatus installed?
You see ONE job in the queue and it gets downloaded (completely) TWICE?
You need to supply more info, otherwise this is in the "it doesn't work" complaint category...
geebee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by geebee »

Apologies, let me try to explain more...

I have NO addons to sabnzbd running. No nzbstatus or any other. No RSS feeds set up. Iam passing .nzbs via a .cmd file containing:
copy /y %1 "\\daisy\Qdownload\sabnzbd\nzb"

I have Sab set to filter out .sfv and .nzb files. I noticed today the second copy of whatever is being duplicated, which seems to be pretty much everything, is NOT filtering them out, but the first copy does.

Also, although it downloads twice, it only appears once in the queue. The second copy downloads "invisibly" it seems, until it completes and it appears in the history.

I have been running Sab for years, including most of the betas, and have never seen this before.

EDIT:

Found this in "warnings":

2009-08-10 09:01:13,869
ERROR
#error-remove# /share/Qdownload/sabnzbd/nzb/xxxxxxxx.nzb

and

2009-08-09 22:32:48,657
WARNING
#warn-skipDup# yyyyyyyyyyyyy.nzb
Last edited by geebee on August 10th, 2009, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

The warnings indicate that the OS does not allow SABnzbd to remove the NZB files from the watched folder.
This should not be a problem, unless some other program (or the OS) changes the file's attributes (time/date stamp, size).

One other scenario that I can imagine is that you have an NZB file that downloads only another NZB file.
In that case the downloaded NZB is added to the queue (ignoring the filter setting).
(BTW: this is a useful feature).

You can try to enter the NZB files in another way, so not through the watched folder to see if that makes a difference.
The design of the watched folder is quite complicated, because it's not easy to know when a file is actually completed.