nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
binhex

Re: nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org automated movie downloader

Post by binhex »

G7FHA wrote: I am struggling to get this working on my windows 7 pc.

I followed the instructions and renamed the file to config.ini

I am getting the following error:

D:\dist>"auto movie downloader.exe"
Error: NZBMatrix Search Page Function
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "auto movie downloader.py", line 1426, in
  File "auto movie downloader.py", line 42, in error_logging
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'F:\\Scripts\\Logs\\Errors\\auto_movie_do
wnloader_error.log'

I made sure my NZB Matrix username and password is correct, along with my file paths. I did however not alter the movie folder path for hd dir2 and sd dir2, because I keep my hd files in 1 folder and the same with my sd files.

Here is how I filled out the command.ini:

#----------------- Sabnzbd Folder Definitions ------------

#put your own folder names below as specified in sabnzbd+
watch_dir="H:\Users\Living Room\AppData\Roaming\GrabIt\"
nzb_dir="E:\SABNZB Incomplete\"
completed_dir="D:\Completed Downloads\"

#----------------- Movie Folder Definit0ions --------------

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your hd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_hd_dir1="\\NAQSERV\HD and Blu Ray Movies\"
                                                                                                                                                                      movies_hd_dir2="H:\\Videos\\H264 Format\\HD Rips\\Movies\\Scene\"

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your sd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_sd_dir1="\\NAQSERV\DVDs\"
movies_sd_dir2="D:\\Videos\\XVID Format\\DVD Rips\\Movies\\Scene\"

#----------------- IMDB Favorite Definitions -------------------

#define the favorite Director List (use | to seperate items)
FavDir="My Fav Director"

#define the favorite actor list (use | to seperate items)
FavActor="My Fav Actor"

#define the favorite character list (use | to seperate items)
FavChar="My Fav Character"

#define the favorite title list (use | to seperate items)
FavTitle="My Fav Title"

#----------------- IMDB Good Definitions --------------------

#define the accepted genres (use | to seperate items)
#valid values:- Action, Adventure, Animation, Biography, Comedy, Crime, Documentary, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Film-Noir, Game-Show, History, Horror, Music, Musical, Mystery, News, Reality-TV, Romance, Sci-Fi, Short, Sport, Talk-Show, Thriller, War, Western
GoodGenre="My Good Genres"

#define the minimum rating for accepted genres (must be greater than GoodPreferredRatings)
#valid values:- 0.1 to 9.9
GoodGeneralRatings=7.0

#define the minimum votes to download
#valid values:- 1000 to 99999
GoodVotes=10000

#define the minimum year to download (must be less than QueueDate)
#valid values:- 1900 to 2999
GoodDate=1980

I am lost as to why I am having this problem and could really use some help. Thank You!
hi G7FHA, ok youve got a few problems here, firstly it looks like you havent correctly defined where your logs go to, thus your getting the ioerror, make sure you define all the folders for your logs (using double backslashes). ok next issue is that your not being consistent with using double backslashes for folder seperators, for example youve got:-

this is wrong it should be:-

watch_dir="H:\\Users\\Living Room\\AppData\\Roaming\\GrabIt\"

you MUST use double backslashes for all folder paths, you have the same issue for all of your paths so check them all ok?.

your next issue is that you havent removed my example movies_hd_dir2 and movies_sd_dir2, these are only in there as exmaple paths, please remove them otherwise the script may error.

ok and finally you havent defined your GoodGenre section, its just left as "My Good Genres", this again is left for you to fill in using the valid values.

have a go with implementing the above and let me know how you get on, good luck  ;D

binhex.
G7FHA

Post by G7FHA »

binhex wrote: hi G7FHA, ok youve got a few problems here, firstly it looks like you havent correctly defined where your logs go to, thus your getting the ioerror, make sure you define all the folders for your logs (using double backslashes). ok next issue is that your not being consistent with using double backslashes for folder seperators, for example youve got:-

this is wrong it should be:-

you MUST use double backslashes for all folder paths, you have the same issue for all of your paths so check them all ok?.

your next issue is that you havent removed my example movies_hd_dir2 and movies_sd_dir2, these are only in there as exmaple paths, please remove them otherwise the script may error.

ok and finally you havent defined your GoodGenre section, its just left as "My Good Genres", this again is left for you to fill in using the valid values.

have a go with implementing the above and let me know how you get on, good luck  ;D

binhex.
Thanks for the help.

I did what you asked by adding double backslashes in all my path and specifiying the genres in the Good Definitions Section, but I am still getting the same error message.

May I ask:
- Is it ok to leave to leave the imdb favourites  definititions as is, without inputting names? If not how do I input the data "Martin Scorsese" or just "Scorsese"?

- Could the problem have to do with the fact my sd and hd movies are located on a server within my local network?

- Do I have to specify "Bad Titles"

- Is it ok to have dir2 for sd and hd as my completed directory? If I have a movie in the completed folder I would like the program to see it and not downlaod it again. I move out the completed files from within the completed folder every four days or so.

- If I need to delete hd_dir2 and sd_dir2 do I remove the entire line or just leave nothing between the ""

Here is my revised version of the the config file:

#-----------------------------------------------------------------
#---------- PLEASE EDIT Definitions BELOW BEFORE RUNNING----------

nzb_dir="E:\\Grabit Files\"
completed_dir="D:\\Completed Downloads\"

#----------------- Movie Folder Definit0ions --------------

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your hd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_hd_dir1="\\NAQSERV\\HD and Blu Ray Movies\"
movies_hd_dir2="D:\\Completed Downloads\"

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your sd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_sd_dir1="\\NAQSERV\\DVDs\"
movies_sd_dir2="D:\\Completed Downloads\"

#----------------- IMDB Favorite Definitions -------------------

FavDir="My Fav Director"

FavActor="My Fav Actor"

FavChar="My Fav Character"

FavTitle="My Fav Title"

#valid values:- Action, Adventure, Animation, Biography, Comedy, Crime, Documentary, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Film-Noir, Game-Show, History, Horror, Music, Musical, Mystery, News, Reality-TV, Romance, Sci-Fi, Short, Sport, Talk-Show, Thriller, War, Western
GoodGenre="Action|Adventure|Animation|Biography|Comedy|Crime|Documentary|Drama|Film-Noir|History|Mystery|Romance|Sci-Fi|Sport|Thriller|War|Western"

#define the minimum rating for accepted genres (must be greater than GoodPreferredRatings)
GoodGeneralRatings=7.0

#define the minimum votes to download
GoodVotes=10000

GoodDate=1960

#----------------- IMDB Preferred Definitions --------------

#define whether preferred genres/ratings is enabled or not
#valid values:- yes, no
EnablePreferred="no"

#define the preferred genres (use | to seperate items)
GoodPreferredGenre="My Preferred Genre"

#define the minimum rating for preferred genres (must be less than GoodGeneralRatings)
GoodPreferredRatings=6.5

#----------------- IMDB Queue Definitions -------------------

#define whether queuing is enabled or not
EnableQueuing="no"

#define the queue folder to store queued nzb files
queue_dir="H:\\Downloads\\Usenet\\SABnzbd\\Queued\"

#define the queued genres (use | to seperate items) - will queue movie if either QueueGenre OR QueueDate match
QueueGenre="My Queue Genre"

#define the maximum year to queue (must be greater than GoodDate) - will queue movie if QueueGenre OR QueueDate match
QueueDate=2000

#----------------- IMDB Bad Definitions -------------------

#define the rejected genres (use | to seperate items) - will reject movie if either BadGenre OR BadTitle match
BadGenre="Game-Show|Musical|Music"

#define the rejected titles (use | to seperate items) - will reject movie if either BadGenre OR BadTitle match
BadTitle="My Bad Titles"

Sorry for being such a Noob and Thank you again for being so helpful!
Last edited by G7FHA on December 8th, 2010, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesystem

Post by thesystem »

Hey Binhex,

I was wondering if it's possible to have the script download the trailers from the imdb site?
binhex

Post by binhex »

thesystem wrote: Hey Binhex,

I was wondering if it's possible to have the script download the trailers from the imdb site?
hi thesystem, ok i like your suggestion and yes it is possible, there are two possible ways of doing it, firstly send the trailer url in the email notification, this would then allow you to click on the url to watch the streaming trailer without the need to download it, or the other option is to try and save the trailer down as a file.

my personal preference is the streaming option, otherwise you could be wasting vauable disk space with trailers you never watch not to mention bandwidth, what do you think?
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi G7FHA, replies in bold:-

- Is it ok to leave to leave the imdb favourites  definititions as is, without inputting names? If not how do I input the data "Martin Scorsese" or just "Scorsese"?

yes you can leave all the entries in the imdb favorites definitions as they are unless you want to use them, if you do then you would enter in the full persons name, for your example that would be "Martin Scorsese", you could put just the persons surname but this could potentially match against the wrong person so best to use their full name.

- Could the problem have to do with the fact my sd and hd movies are located on a server within my local network?

ok i dont know if the python module im using supports unc paths (thats paths that begin with \\), my advise would be to map your nas devices shares to a drive letter and then enter the mapped driver letter and path into the script.

in a word, no, you only need to specify this if you want to exclude a movie(s) from matching, even if it has a high imdb score

- Is it ok to have dir2 for sd and hd as my completed directory? If I have a movie in the completed folder I would like the program to see it and not downlaod it again. I move out the completed files from within the completed folder every four days or so.

its not a good idea to have your completed folder as your dir2 for sd and hd, my script has multiple checks to make sure it doesnt download an already downloaded movie, it checks for an existing nzb file, it checks your completed folder, and it also checks your hd collection, if any of these match then it will skip, so my advise is to remove this

- If I need to delete hd_dir2 and sd_dir2 do I remove the entire line or just leave nothing between the ""

the entire line(s)

if you want to you can pm me your config.ini (minus your login and password details) and i will take a look over the whole thing for you.  ;D
Last edited by binhex on December 9th, 2010, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
thesystem

Post by thesystem »

binhex wrote:
hi thesystem, ok i like your suggestion and yes it is possible, there are two possible ways of doing it, firstly send the trailer url in the email notification, this would then allow you to click on the url to watch the streaming trailer without the need to download it, or the other option is to try and save the trailer down as a file.

my personal preference is the streaming option, otherwise you could be wasting vauable disk space with trailers you never watch not to mention bandwidth, what do you think?
My preference would be to save the trailer to the same folder the movie is in. That's because I use XBMC to watch my movies, and when there trailer is in the same folder, I can watch it via XBMC.

Maybe you could implement both options, and let the user decide with one they'd like to use by commenting sections in the config file or something?
G7FHA

Post by G7FHA »

binhex wrote: hi G7FHA, replies in bold:-

- Is it ok to leave to leave the imdb favourites  definititions as is, without inputting names? If not how do I input the data "Martin Scorsese" or just "Scorsese"?

yes you can leave all the entries in the imdb favorites definitions as they are unless you want to use them, if you do then you would enter in the full persons name, for your example that would be "Martin Scorsese", you could put just the persons surname but this could potentially match against the wrong person so best to use their full name.

ok i dont know if the python module im using supports unc paths (thats paths that begin with \\), my advise would be to map your nas devices shares to a drive letter and then enter the mapped driver letter and path into the script.

in a word, no, you only need to specify this if you want to exclude a movie(s) from matching, even if it has a high imdb score

its not a good idea to have your completed folder as your dir2 for sd and hd, my script has multiple checks to make sure it doesnt download an already downloaded movie, it checks for an existing nzb file, it checks your completed folder, and it also checks your hd collection, if any of these match then it will skip, so my advise is to remove this

the entire line(s)

if you want to you can pm me your config.ini (minus your login and password details) and i will take a look over the whole thing for you.  ;D
Thank you so much!

I tried replacing the network drives directories with local drives on my pc and got the same message.

I will pm you my config.ini file now.

Thanks again 
binhex

Post by binhex »

new version released guys v1.3.3, this includes optional trailer dowloading of queued/downloading movies amongst other things, check first post in this thread for changelog and download links, happy xmas all, and try not to get too pi**ed on new years eve eh  ;D
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

I'm seeing this error when trying to run the exe from cmd:

C:\Users\htpc\Desktop\Auto Movie Download>"auto movie downloader.exe"
  File "auto movie downloader.py", line 19, in
  File "email\mime\multipart.pyc", line 9, in
  File "email\mime\base.pyc", line 9, in
  File "email\message.pyc", line 90, in
  File "email\message.pyc", line 790, in Message
  File "email\__init__.pyc", line 79, in __getattr__
ImportError: No module named iterators

Any ideas?
binhex

Post by binhex »

agentgreen wrote: I'm seeing this error when trying to run the exe from cmd:

File "auto movie downloader.py", line 19, in
  File "email\mime\multipart.pyc", line 9, in
  File "email\mime\base.pyc", line 9, in
  File "email\message.pyc", line 90, in
  File "email\message.pyc", line 790, in Message
  File "email\__init__.pyc", line 79, in __getattr__
ImportError: No module named iterators

Any ideas?
hi agentgreen, thanks for posting the error, it looks like it was a compile error with py2exe, i have now included the missing module and re-uploaded, so please now try downloading again from the links in the first post, let me know if its still causing a problem ok?.

cheers,
binhex.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

Thanks for the quick response!

I downloaded the new files and it errored out differently :P

File "auto movie downloader.py", line 1565, in
 File "auto movie downloader.py", line 45, in error_logging
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

Here is my config file in relation to the logging:

ConsoleLogToFile="yes"

#put your own foldernames below to specify location of log files
errorlog_dir="C:\\Users\\htpc\\Desktop\\Auto Movie Download\\logs\\"
warninglog_dir="C:\\Users\\htpc\\Desktop\\Auto Movie Download\\logs\\"
cachelog_dir="C:\\Users\\htpc\\Desktop\\Auto Movie Download\\logs\\"
consolelog_dir="C:\\Users\\htpc\\Desktop\\Auto Movie Download\\logs\\"

#put your own notification message process below for error logging
notifylog="cmd /c msg console /TIME:43200 Auto Movie Downloader Script Error, Check Logs"

The log directories exist and I see SOME logs in there, specifically auto_movie_downloader_cache_nzbmatrix, auto_movie_downloader_console, auto_movie_downloader_warning. When I change ConsoleLogtoFile to "No" the script runs just fine and even downloads stuff!

However that brings me to my next question. The program runs and it starts finding movies to download, but they are not movies that SHOULD be downloading based on my settings (which I probably have wrong :)

Here is my config file:

#---------- PLEASE EDIT Definitions BELOW BEFORE RUNNING----------

watch_dir="C:\\Program Files\\SABnzbd\\Watched\\Movies\\"
nzb_dir="C:\\Users\\htpc\\AppData\\Local\\sabnzbd\\nzbs\\"
completed_dir="C:\\Users\\HTPC\\My Videos\\"

#----------------- Movies Already Downloaded -------------

#define whether checking of downloaded movies is enabled or not
EnableDownloaded="yes"

#put your own root folder(s) below to specify the location of movies you have already downloaded (can span multiple drives)
movies_downloaded_dir1="C:\\Users\\HTPC\\My Videos\\"
#movies_downloaded_dir2="C:\\Example\\Folder2\\"

#----------------- Movies To Replace --------------

#define whether checking of movies to replace is enabled or not
EnableReplace="no"

#put your own root folder(s) below to specify the location of movies you want to replace (can span multiple drives)
#movies_to_replace_dir1="C:\\Example\\Folder3\\"
#movies_to_replace_dir2="C:\\Example\\Folder4\\"

GoodGenre="Action|Adventure|Animation|Comedy|Documentary|Fantasy|Horror|Sci-Fi|Thriller"

GoodGeneralRatings=8.0

#define the minimum number of votes to download
GoodVotes=1000

GoodDate=1960

#----------------- IMDB Favorite Definitions ---------------

#define whether Favorite Director/Actor/Title is enabled or not
EnableFavorites="no"

FavDir="Directors Name"

FavActor="Actors Name"

FavChar="Characters Name"

FavTitle="Movie Title"

EnablePreferred="yes"

#define the preferred genres (use | to seperate items) - will download movie if GoodPreferredGenre AND GoodPreferredRatings match
GoodPreferredGenre="Action|Comedy|Horror|Thriller|Sci-Fi"

#define the minimum rating for preferred genres (must be less than GoodGeneralRatings) - will download movie if GoodPreferredGenre AND GoodPreferredRatings match
GoodPreferredRatings=8.0

#----------------- IMDB Queue Definitions -------------------

#define whether queuing is enabled or not
EnableQueuing="no"

#define the queue folder to store downloaded nzb files
queue_dir="C:\\Sabnzbd\\Queued\\"

#define the queued genres (use | to seperate items) - will queue movie if either QueueGenre OR QueueDate match
QueueGenre="Queue Genre"

#define the maximum year to queue (must be greater than GoodDate) - will queue movie if QueueGenre OR QueueDate match
QueueDate=2050

#----------------- IMDB Bad Definitions ----------------------

#define the rejected genres (use | to seperate items) - will reject movie if any BadGenre OR BadTitle match
BadGenre="Music|Musical"

#define the rejected titles (use | to seperate items) - will reject movie if any BadGenre OR BadTitle match
BadTitle="Bad Title"

#-------------- Freecovers Coverart Definitions --------------

#define downloading of coverart (for use with media browser)
EnableCoverart="no"

#define whehter you are a freecovers gold member or not (requires payment)
freecovers_goldmember="no"

#define the metadata folder to store mymovies.xml files
coverart_dir="C:\\Sabnzbd\\Coverart\\"

#define the search category for freecovers
#valid values:- 1=dvd covers, 20=blurary covers, 21=hddvd covers
freecovers_search_category="1"

#define freecovers login credentials (requires registration)
freecovers_loginname="Login"
freecovers_password="Password"

#------------------ Metadata Definitions ----------------------

#define writing of metadata (for use with media browser)
EnableMetadata="no"

#define the metadata folder to store mymovies.xml files
metadata_dir="C:\\Sabnzbd\\Metadata\\"

#----------------- Trailer Download Definitions --------------

#define downloading of trailers
EnableTrailerDownloads="no"

#define the folder to store trailer downloads
trailer_dir="C:\\Sabnzbd\\Trailers\\"

#define the preferred trailer size to download
#valid values:- high, med, low
PreferredTrailerSize="high"

#define the alternative trailer size to download (used if PreferredTrailerSize is not available)
#valid values:- high, med, low
AlternativeTrailerSize="med"

#------------------ E-mail Definitions ------------------------

#define sending email notification of jobs queued/downloading
EnableEmailNotify="yes"

#define your isp's mail server details below
emailserver="mail.server.com"
emailusername="user"
emailpassword="password"
emailfrom="[email protected]"
emailto="[email protected]"

#------------------ Index Site Definitions --------------------

#define the indexing site used to download nzb's
#valid values:- nzbs, nzbmatrix
IndexSite="nzbmatrix"

#------------------ NZBMatrix Index Definitions ---------------

#nzbmatrix account details
#specify account username and password
nzbmatrix_username="user"
nzbmatrix_password="password"

#nzbmatrix filter category
#valid values:- 42 = hd/x264, 2 = divx/xvid, 1 = dvd
nzbmatrix_cat="42"

#nzbmatrix filter language
#valid values:- 0 = any language, 1 = english or unknown only
nzbmatrix_lang="1"

#nzbmatrix filter search terms
#valid values:- used to filter search results, seperate terms that MUST exist with "%2B" and terms that must NOT exist with "-" all terms must have the "+" symbol as a seperator
#example:- This will match 720p and 1080p movies and ignore any hdtv, telecine, telesync encoded movies "%2B720p+%2B1080p+-hdtv+-tc+-ts"
nzbmatrix_search="%2B720p+%2Bbluray+-hdtv+-tc+-ts+-rc+-line+-telesync+-telecine+-3d*+-dtheater"

#nzbmatrix filter min size in MB
#valid values:- must be less than nzbmatrix_maxsize
nzbmatrix_minsize="1000"

#nzbmatrix filter max size in MB
#valid values:- must be greater than nzbmatrix_minsize, or "0" to ignore
nzbmatrix_maxsize="8000"

#define the rejected nzbmatrix report numbers, useful for incorrect/bad encodes (use | to seperate items)
#valid values:- numeric post id e.g. "1234567"
nzbmatrix_badreport="1234567"

#------------------ NZBs Index Definitions -------------------

#nzbs account details
#specify account direct download key (can be found here http://www.nzbs.org/index.php?action=rss)
nzbs_rss_directdl="&i=12345&h=123456789"

#nzbs rss feed category
#valid values:- 4 = hd/x264, 2 = divx/xvid, 9 = dvd
nzbs_rss_cat="2"

#nzbmatrix rss feed search terms
#valid values:- used to filter search results, seperate  terms that MUST exist with "+" and terms that must NOT exist with "+--"
#example:- This will match 720p and 1080p movies and ignore any hdtv, telecine, telesync encoded movies "720p+1080p+--hdtv+--tc+--ts"
nzbs_rss_search="dvdrip"

#nzbs rss feed min size in MB
#valid values:- must be less than nzbs_rss_maxsize
nzbs_rss_minsize=700

#nzbs rss feed max size in MB
#valid values:- must be greater than nzbs_rss_minsize, or "0" to ignore
nzbs_rss_maxsize=0

#define the rejected nzbs report numbers, useful for incorrect/bad encodes (use | to seperate items)
#valid values:- numeric post id shown in rss feed e.g. "1234567"
nzbs_rss_badreport="1234567"

#------------------- Logging Definitions ----------------------

#define logging to console or file (if no then logs to console)
ConsoleLogToFile="no"

#put your own foldernames below to specify location of log files
errorlog_dir="C:\\Users\\htpc\\Desktop\\Auto Movie Download\\logs\\"
warninglog_dir="C:\\Users\\htpc\\Desktop\\Auto Movie Download\\logs\\"
cachelog_dir="C:\\Users\\htpc\\Desktop\\Auto Movie Download\\logs\\"
consolelog_dir="C:\\Users\\htpc\\Desktop\\Auto Movie Download\\logs\\"

#put your own notification message process below for error logging
#notifylog="cmd /c msg console /TIME:43200 Auto Movie Downloader Script Error, Check Logs"

What I am trying to do, is let the program download any movie in the Action|Adventure|Animation|Comedy|Documentary|Fantasy|Horror|Sci-Fi|Thriller categories, with an IMDB rating of 8 or higher. Relevant config file entries:

GoodGenre="Action|Adventure|Animation|Comedy|Documentary|Fantasy|Horror|Sci-Fi|Thriller"

GoodGeneralRatings=8.0

#define the preferred genres (use | to seperate items) - will download movie if GoodPreferredGenre AND GoodPreferredRatings match

#define the minimum rating for preferred genres (must be less than GoodGeneralRatings) - will download movie if GoodPreferredGenre AND GoodPreferredRatings match
GoodPreferredRatings=8.0

However, when the script ran successfully, it immediately downloaded a movie called Howl (meaning sent it to Sabnzbd+), which based on IMDB is a Drama, and only scored a 6.8:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1049402/

Then I see this in the logs:

Title: Howl 2010 LIMITED 720p BluRay X264 AMIABLE (diff diff group)
Debug: File System Check NZB Exists In NZB Folder
Debug: Exception Movie Exists In SD Downloaded Folder
Debug: IMDB Website Check Rating Below Threshold
Debug: IMDB Website Check Votes Below Threshold
Debug: IMDB Website Check Genre Is Not In Good List

Which would seem to me that it SHOULDN't have downloaded?

It continues on, and starts downloading a movie called First Sunday, which is a Comedy and rated 3.6:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486578/

I killed the program at this point.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!
Last edited by agentgreen on December 29th, 2010, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi agentgreen, i think ive identified the issues, one was due to a close on the console log file, now corrected, the second issue was due to a boolean logic error on my part for the movies to replace feature, this has also now been corrected, download again from first post links and you should be good to go this time.

i do of course blame all bugs on too much beer over xmas  ;D

let me know how you get on.

binhex.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

I think we are rockin' and a rollin' now !! Logging correctly and grabbed a movie that was in my threshold!!

Beer: The cause and solution to all life's problems!

Keep up the great work, this application is great!
binhex

Post by binhex »

agentgreen wrote: I think we are rockin' and a rollin' now !! Logging correctly and grabbed a movie that was in my threshold!!

Beer: The cause and solution to all life's problems!

Keep up the great work, this application is great!
excellent, thats what i like to hear  :). one thing i was going to mention is that you have defined your preferred movies as follows:-

GoodPreferredRatings=8.0

although this is fine and wont cause an error its not really how you should be using the preferred section, the idea is to give your preferred genres a lower rating value to capture movies with genres you particularly like, for example im a sci-fi buff so i use the GoodPreferredRatings setting to have a lower rating value than the GoodGeneralRatings value, snipet from my own config.ini:-

GoodGenre="Action|Adventure|Animation|Biography|Comedy|Crime|Documentary|Drama|Family|Fantasy|History|Horror|Mystery|Romance|Sci-Fi|Sport|Thriller|War|Western"

GoodGeneralRatings=7.0

#define the minimum number of votes to download
GoodVotes=10000

GoodDate=1960

EnablePreferred="yes"

GoodPreferredGenre="Sci-Fi"

GoodPreferredRatings=6.5

i hope this makes sense, and im glad your enjoying the script  :)
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

It totally makes sense. Thanks for that, I will modify my config.ini accordingly.

Thanks again!