nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
qaz

Re: nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org automated movie downloader

Post by qaz »

binhex wrote: ive done some more testing and it looks like its just not possible, unfortunately the way the searching works on nzbmatrix is a bit inflexible and doesn't allow for boolean searching, so looks like a no go for searching for dvdrips and blurray rips in a single search.
Thanks for checking, much appreciated.
onto 2/, yes it only searches against the folder names not filenames, i could code it to look against both but this gets tricky as different people have different file and folder structures which would make this difficult, so at present its folder based only im afraid.
I understand. I generally have a small number of folders with a bunch of movies files in it so that's why my preference is to check against filenames but I realise everyone is different.
onto 3/, nope its not the wrong way around, the 4000 indicates a min size of 4GB, the 0 indicates no limit on the maximum size.
Sorry, misunderstood what the 0 referred to - makes sense it means no limit, not zero!

Thanks again for your help.
bland

Post by bland »

It only searches against the folder names not filenames, i could code it to look against both but this gets tricky as different people have different file and folder structures which would make this difficult, so at present its folder based only im afraid.
Just wanted to add a my request to this too, if you get a chance.
qaz

Post by qaz »

Is there a way to integrate the automated movie downloader with couchpotato? (www.couchpotatoapp.com) I would like to use the downloader's abilities to look for newly available movies and check them against criteria but would like couchpotato's renaming abilities.

Also, is there a way to search both nzbmatrix and nzbs? I know most things are posted to both but I thought occasionally some older titles might only appear on one.
Last edited by qaz on January 22nd, 2011, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

binhex wrote:
qaz wrote: Hi binhex,

1) Regarding the search for multiple movie types:

I tried the below settings:
nzbmatrix_cat="Movies"
nzbmatrix_search="%2BBDRip+%2BBRRip+%2BDVDRip"

Unfortunately it didn't return any results. In fact I tried setting nzbmatrix_search="dvdrip" and it didn't pick anything up with nzbmatrix_cat="Movies". It worked fine with nzbmatrix_cat="2".

2) Regarding the matching of already downloaded movies, how does this work? Does the script only look for folders matching the titles? I tried with a .avi file matching a movie but the script still downloaded the nzb file. However if I had a folder with the same name as the movie it didn't download. Is there any way to check for .avi files as well as folders? (and maybe .mkv and .mpg files too)

3) One other small thing in the sample config.ini the below settings are listed:
nzbmatrix_minsize="4000"
nzbmatrix_maxsize="0"

I assume they should be the other way around?
hi qaz, ive done some more testing and it looks like its just not possible, unfortunately the way the searching works on nzbmatrix is a bit inflexible and doesn't allow for boolean searching, so looks like a no go for searching for dvdrips and blurray rips in a single search.

if your mainly after brrips then try setting the category number to 54 and then set your search string to "%2BBRRip" that should at least bring back all brrips for you.

onto 2/, yes it only searches against the folder names not filenames, i could code it to look against both but this gets tricky as different people have different file and folder structures which would make this difficult, so at present its folder based only im afraid.

onto 3/, nope its not the wrong way around, the 4000 indicates a min size of 4GB, the 0 indicates no limit on the maximum size. for you i would change these to the following for dvdrips/brrips:-

nzbmatrix_minsize="650"
nzbmatrix_maxsize="2300"

this should then match 1cd release titles i.e. 700MB all the way up to 3cd releases i.e. 700MB x 3 = 2100MB + pars = up to 2300

i hope this helps.

binhex.
Hey Binhex,

Here is my two cents about this Boolean search issues.

Your Category filter setting has to change from cat= to category= to search Movies as this is what is I have found  http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb.php?category=Movies

Your Category filter setting has to change from cat= Movies to cat=movies-all to search all Movies

nzbmatrix_cat="movies-all"

http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-search.php?sea ... p%2BDVDRip&cat=movies-all&searchin=name&maxage=

as for %2B I gave up on this many moons ago and have gone back to the simple +

nzbmatrix_search="dvdrip+DVDrip+R5+BDRIP+BDRip+DVDSCR+-SUBBED+-CAM+-tc+-ts+-telesync+-telecine+-3d" ** works **

nzbmatrix_search="%2Bdvdrip+%2BDVDrip+%2BR5+%2BBDRIP+%2BBDRip+%2BDVDSCR+-SUBBED+-CAM+-tc+-ts+-telesync+-telecine+-3d" ** doesn't work **

I find automated movie downloader better than couchpotato as i dont have to setup which movies I want. It will grab everything I want with one single setup no weekly updates when I here of a new movie.

keep up the good work

J03
Last edited by J03 8LACK on January 24th, 2011, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qaz

Post by qaz »

Hi J03,

I tried the following:
nzbmatrix_search="dvdrip+BDRip"

Unfortunately it only returned one result, which just so happened to have BDRip and DVDRip in the title (not sure why but I manually searched the site and saw the same entry).
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

qaz wrote: Hi J03,

I tried the following:
nzbmatrix_search="dvdrip+BDRip"

Unfortunately it only returned one result, which just so happened to have BDRip and DVDRip in the title (not sure why but I manually searched the site and saw the same entry).

Hey qaz,

What are your Minsize and Maxsize settings? This maybe limiting your results.

J03
qaz

Post by qaz »

J03 8LACK wrote: Hey qaz,

What are your Minsize and Maxsize settings? This maybe limiting your results.

J03
My minsize is 650 and my maxsize is 2300.

When I visit http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-search.php?sea ... lishonly=1 it picks up both dvdrips and bdrips.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

qaz wrote:
My minsize is 650 and my maxsize is 2300.

When I visit http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-search.php?sea ... lishonly=1 it picks up both dvdrips and bdrips.
Hey qaz,

I don't know why but if you add a +-CAM or anything else you don't want the search works.

nzbmatrix_search="dvdrip+BDRip+-CAM"

I dont know Why?
J03
qaz

Post by qaz »

J03 8LACK wrote: I don't know why but if you add a +-CAM or anything else you don't want the search works.
Thanks J03, that worked :) Not sure why either but it gave me results matching either of the terms with a + before them and none with the - before them.
binhex

Post by binhex »

qaz wrote:
J03 8LACK wrote: I don't know why but if you add a +-CAM or anything else you don't want the search works.
Thanks J03, that worked :) Not sure why either but it gave me results matching either of the terms with a + before them and none with the - before them.
hi guys, ive been following your posts with interest :-), def looks like your onto a winner there J03, that def seems to bring back results, so wierd though that you have to put in a negative search term though before it works?!!, wacky eh!.

ok so i think i got the search filter terms in my head now, see if the following holds true:-

%2B = higher ranking
no %2B = equal ranking
- = exclude titles
+ = seperator for search terms

few test examples using the movies-all category:-

nzbmatrix_search="%2Bbrrip" - brings back only bluray rips as expected.this is searching for only brrip in the title

nzbmatrix_search="%2Bbrrip+%2Bdvdrip" - bring back no results as expected, this is saying search for movies with brrip AND dvdrip in the title

nzbmatrix_search="%2Bbrrip+dvdrip+-2010" - this is saying return results for  movies with titles dvdrip OR brrip NOT 2010 with a higher ranking for brrips

nzbmatrix_search="%2Bdvdrip+%2B2010+-brrip" - this is saying return results for movies with titles dvdrip AND 2010 NOT brrip

so the higher ranking flag "%2B" seems to work as an AND operator in a way, but if only one %2B flag is given then it just gives a higher preference to that search filter.

so the big question is now, how i can simplify this in my code, what format would work best for you guys?, i would ideally like to get rid of the messy +- and %2B search terms and use a slightly cleaner easier to read format, what about a boolean logic string, for example:-

nzbmatrix_search="brrip AND dvdrip AND 2010 NOT ts NOT telecine NOT 3d"
qaz

Post by qaz »

binhex wrote: so the big question is now, how i can simplify this in my code, what format would work best for you guys?, i would ideally like to get rid of the messy +- and %2B search terms and use a slightly cleaner easier to read format, what about a boolean logic string, for example:-

Hey binhex,

That example format seems great - clean and easy to read.

However I do have another question as well. When the program checks for matching entries in the cache file (if enabled), is the code able to match just on the probably movie title or does it match on the whole post topic?

Eg. If there were three posts below:

Movie Title DVDrip
Movie Title BRRip
Movie Title BDRip

Would the three posts be checked as separate movies rather than being skipped due to existing movie in cache? My brief testing shows that they seem to be picked up as separate entries. I had Movie Title DVDRip in the cache but Movie Title BRRip was checked against IMDB.
binhex

Post by binhex »

qaz wrote:
binhex wrote: so the big question is now, how i can simplify this in my code, what format would work best for you guys?, i would ideally like to get rid of the messy +- and %2B search terms and use a slightly cleaner easier to read format, what about a boolean logic string, for example:-

Hey binhex,

That example format seems great - clean and easy to read.

However I do have another question as well. When the program checks for matching entries in the cache file (if enabled), is the code able to match just on the probably movie title or does it match on the whole post topic?

Eg. If there were three posts below:

Movie Title DVDrip
Movie Title BRRip
Movie Title BDRip

Would the three posts be checked as separate movies rather than being skipped due to existing movie in cache? My brief testing shows that they seem to be picked up as separate entries. I had Movie Title DVDRip in the cache but Movie Title BRRip was checked against IMDB.
hi qaz im a bit confused by your post to be honest, but let me explain how the cache file works.

basically it is saving the post name (not the imdb name) of the movie to the cache file once it has run through the script, if the movie post name exists in the cache file the script will skip it, as its already been processed.

in your example all 3 would have seperate entries in the cache file as they all have different titles, i have used the nzbmatrix post name NOT the imdb name to reduce the amount of traffic that hits the imdb website (no need to search and find imdb title on movies in cache file) and speed up the script
jdwoods

Post by jdwoods »

I looked through the thread and couldnt find an answer.

Any way to install this using source code on OS X?
Please advise.
binhex

Post by binhex »

jdwoods wrote: I looked through the thread and couldnt find an answer.

Any way to install this using source code on OS X?
Please advise.
if you can run python on OS X (which you can) then you can run the script, im afraid i have zero experience of apple os's, maybe somebody else might be able to give you the exact bits and piecies you need to get it running.

a good start is probably to update your version of python as i think you will be running an older version of python by default (already part of OS X), the script is based on python 2.x so my adivse would be to update to the latest version (currently 2.7.1)

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.1/

the only other python module you will need is mechanize:-

http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechan ... nload.html

i hope this gives you a good start, like i say im pretty sure its possible as python is cross platform
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

binhex wrote:
Hey Binhex,

This sounds great

J03