Newzbin gubbed

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
piratepatch

Newzbin gubbed

Post by piratepatch »

Hi, Im a confused nzb user. My mate helped me setup things before with newzbin & sab & he's not available. Now that newzbin is out of the picture, what can I use as a replacement. I downloaded Grabbit but then read I didnt need it as Sab is better. My previous setup with newsbin worked a dream & as you can see my understanding is very limited of how that worked, it just did. I still have my subscription with newshosting and would like to try it with an alternative method. Should I get nzbmatrix or something?
Could you help a novice please.
tnx
piratepatch

Re: Newzbin gubbed

Post by piratepatch »

Hey it's me again, still no replies, cud someone help pleese.
Ok I've sussed thru the SAB manual roughly what I need, tho sadly NZBs.org is still closed.

I thought I'd try the Albums Index for Music. I've got to the point where I got a URL & number to insert into the RSS feed tab in SABnzb but got an "error getting url i.e. xyzxyzxyz1234.nzb"

Still lost, so could anyone give me some direction or even through a PM.

I'd be much obliged
cheers
piratepatch
croax

Post by croax »

Nzbmatrix is totally worth it, been using it since Newzbin went haywire. The newest beta version of Sabnzbd supports category sorting so the support for nzbmatrix will be excellent in the next upcoming version. Paying a one-time fee of 10 pounds is a pretty sweet deal, and the have a retention rate for 700 days which is pretty impressive. You can register and try it witout paying but that only let's you get NZB's that are 20 days old or less.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

Or you can refresh the registration page at nzbs.org a couple times until you get a signup form.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

btw, newzbin is back...  :)
piratepatch

Post by piratepatch »

Tnx for your support and suggestions guys. Will try them out, tho if Newzbin came back I'd be a happy man. As I said for me, it just worked.