SABnzbd+ w/ iPhone w/ VPN w/DyDNS - CERTIFICATE ERROR

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
snigs

SABnzbd+ w/ iPhone w/ VPN w/DyDNS - CERTIFICATE ERROR

Post by snigs »

Hey Guys,

Brand new to the forum and absolutely loving the application and what it allows me to do.
However, the mobile skin for the iPhone is a little b0rked for me. But I'm guessing it maybe something that I am doing.

I currently use SABnzbd through a VPN (PPTP) and due to that fact my ip address beyond my router is dynamic i am using DyDNS to resolve this issue with a masking domain name. This is achieved by using the DyDNS client on my pc. so i can connect to sab beyond my lan by using https://blahblah.blahblah.net:9090/m/

so if i connect to https://blahblah.blahblah.net:9090/ (not the mobile interface) using safari on the iphone the first time i browse to this site i get the warning

"Cannot verify server identity....etc etc" to which i just hit continue then enter my login details. then everytime i browse to this site or use that bookmark my details are cached and the itnerface works just dandy.

So then i feel i'd like to add a homescreen button to the springboard. so i browse to the same url with the /m/ identifier. and add the button to my homescreen and close safari.
If i then fire up the link from the homescreen i get an error telling me that the certificate could not be verified and someone maybe spoofing my pc using my domain name. however, this only happens when launching the url via the springboard. if i were to bookmark that address in safari and navigate to the site that way i dont get the error. mighty puzzling!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me in this matter. :)

Version: 0.5.3
Install-type: Windows Installer
Skin (if applicable): /m/ - dark
Firewall Software: Zonealarm Free
Are you using IPV6? no
Is the issue reproducible? yes
snigs

Re: SABnzbd+ w/ iPhone w/ VPN w/DyDNS - CERTIFICATE ERROR

Post by snigs »

oh i should add that when i get the error opening from the springboard it cancels me navigating to the mobile site. so i can only access /m/ through a bookmark in safari.