Invalid NZB file, skipping (reason=not well-formed (invalid token), line=40996)

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
R1card0

Invalid NZB file, skipping (reason=not well-formed (invalid token), line=40996)

Post by R1card0 »

Hi,

I used to run Sabnzbd under Windows and I never had any issues with it :-)

However my server is running linux (Ubuntu 10.04x64) and for some reason every nzb file I download I get this error:

"WARNING:
Invalid NZB file Smallville S01E.nzb, skipping (reason=not well-formed (invalid token), line=40996)"

I tried different nzb search engines but all ended up with the same result.

I ran the stable release but now I even tried the 0.5.5 RC2 but it has the same problem.

I opened up the nzb file and went to the corresponding line and I found this:

Part67of164.18186ED^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^

There are tons of more lines with the @^ characters after the line above and this is what is causing the problem.

I also downloaded the same nzb file under a windows machine and then copied it to my linux machine but unfortunately with the same result.

I tried different browsers as well and different character encodings as well with the browser but no effect.

Here is some output of the log file (I already put it to debug mode):

2010-11-07 12:39:28,134::INFO::[__init__:702] /home/******/.sabnzbd/cache/SABnzbd_nzf_XQBMJ7 removed
2010-11-07 12:39:28,134::INFO::[__init__:702] /home/******/.sabnzbd/cache/SABnzbd_nzf_rtn7My removed
2010-11-07 12:39:28,134::INFO::[__init__:702] /home/******/.sabnzbd/cache/SABnzbd_nzf_vjTYGr removed
2010-11-07 12:39:28,134::INFO::[__init__:702] /home/******/.sabnzbd/cache/SABnzbd_nzf_n99zrf removed
2010-11-07 12:39:28,134::INFO::[__init__:702] /home/******/.sabnzbd/cache/SABnzbd_nzf_AMPsMN removed
2010-11-07 12:39:28,134::WARNING::[nzbstuff:571] Invalid NZB file Smallville S01E.nzb, skipping (reason=not well-formed (invalid token), line=40996)

I used the classic skin as well as the plush skin. Both the same problem. Not using ipv6.

Installed via linux repository and also tried a manual installation.

Any help is very much appreciated :-)

Regards,
Ricardo

P.S. Saw the rules for posting a bug report so I updated the report accordingly.
Last edited by R1card0 on November 7th, 2010, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Invalid NZB file, skipping (reason=not well-formed (invalid token), line=40996)

Post by shypike »

The NZB is corrupt.
It may be that the uploader screwed up when creating the message headers.
It's simply outside the Usenet protocols, you cannot have ASCII NUL in a message header.
For some reason, the search engines are producing an NZB that is not well-formed XML.
To be able to parse such non-standard junk we would have to create or own XML parser.
That's too much of an investment for this rare issue.
R1card0

Re: Invalid NZB file, skipping (reason=not well-formed (invalid token), line=40996)

Post by R1card0 »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

The thing is no one else is complaining about this error on the release page.

But ok. Maybe your right.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Ricardo