RC5 - Plush - Sever slowdown when queueing multiple large items

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
cinos

RC5 - Plush - Sever slowdown when queueing multiple large items

Post by cinos »

Again if it's a known issue then please ignore, but I've noticed that when I have more then 15 items in the queue and they total 20GB or so. It really hurts sabnzbd plush from loading up in my browser. (I have not tested the other templates so I don't yet know if this is the same across the board).

I have a fast connection (20Mb Down, 750kb Up), my computer is top of the range (quad core, 2GB ram, etc) yet, when the downloader is working on that many items, it is just impossible to load. So much so that when it does eventually load, the page has no style set to it, it's just the links. Or it'll load correctly (after about 3-5 minutes) and then it will refresh maybe 3 times before it pauses for a minute or so, this then loops round.

Checking on task manager, SABnzbd only takes up 20-25% of my CPU, yet it still will not load. Infact in the time it has taken me to write this post it still has not gotten anywhere.

My browser is Firefox 3 and I use XP 64bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cinos

Re: RC5 - Plush - Sever slowdown when queueing multiple large items

Post by cinos »

Update: It seems to have stabilised and is now working fine with 17 items, though this might be because the queue has been reduced from 20. Atleast that proves that SAB is still downloading the items correctly.

However in the first 10-15 minutes the GUI just would not load. Is it likely that there is a limit to how much I can queue in any one sitting?
Last edited by cinos on July 5th, 2008, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

try other interfaces like smpl and/or change the refresh time from 2 sec to 5 sec or higher that helps too.
cinos

Post by cinos »

Unfortunately in that situation the interface doesn't even load up to allow me to change the refresh time, though when I eventually had something to work with I did try to adjust the refresh rate, even as far as 30 seconds. Sadly even at a 30 second refresh the same errors seemed to be occuring. Almost like it hadn't registered my changes.

Problem is that on the current stable version of SAB and plush, I had never experienced this kind of problem. This is brand new to this beta version for me.

Has no one else experienced this then?
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

Plush is far from a stable interface, see it more as an experiment. One of the plush beta's killed my sab installation. Thats why i switched to smpl.
What could help is a clean install, no old ini file just delete everything, set your settings.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Fresh installs are useless and I have never seen evidence of corrupted INI files.

However, cleaning the cache directory is sometimes required, especially
when ungraceful stops were needed.
You can do it manually or use the --clean command line option.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

shypike wrote: Fresh installs are useless and I have never seen evidence of corrupted INI files.
What i ment was not use the older ini files files from previous sab's, but the one form the clean install and then set your settings.
The old ones get not corrupted but the can mess up some installations. Like mine did, see my old topic about it, the only thing that helped was install everything from scratch.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

I know what you mean.
A new installation does not have an INI file, but creates a new one.
We have done our best to accept older INI files and upgrade them gracefully.
Do you have an example when this failed?