LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Eejit

Re: LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Post by Eejit »

LibrarianMike wrote:
Eejit wrote:Apparently since installing and posting the message above, I became two commits behind. Updating reset all the config settings ???
If you downloaded the zip file, that will never be as up to date as pulling the changes directly from git
I started off with the zip. When I first ran it, it said it wasn't the most up-to-date, and I let it update itself.
After configuring and testing, I got another message saying it was two commits behind and let it update itself again. That's when the config was reset.
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

Eejit wrote:
LibrarianMike wrote:
Eejit wrote:Apparently since installing and posting the message above, I became two commits behind. Updating reset all the config settings ???
If you downloaded the zip file, that will never be as up to date as pulling the changes directly from git
I started off with the zip. When I first ran it, it said it wasn't the most up-to-date, and I let it update itself.
After configuring and testing, I got another message saying it was two commits behind and let it update itself again. That's when the config was reset.
Okay, that may have just been because I updated the read me with better instructions twice after you downloaded the zip (which would not have been the latest version). Not sure why config would be reset though, mine has never reset when updating and git has been told to ignore the file.
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

I just used the update within LazyLibrarian itself. Don't know anything about git.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

Yes the one in lazylibrarian just runs the git commands for you basically. It shouldn't ask you to update again, it just happened because I made a change to the readme twice (hence it saying your out by two commits). I don't expect that your config will be reset again but id suggest making a backup of it just in case.
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

Would that be the lazylibrarian.db and config,ini?
Just noticed that as well as the books going into the Download directory specified in LL and SAB, a copy is also dumped into the LL root folder.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

Try putting a path in the move and rename path. Lazylibrarian never had an option to turn off post processing so id say its picking it up and putting books in the root path because it wasn't given another directory
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for picking this up, much appreciated :)

Just a heads up that I'm not sure it's showing all available books correctly. I added Dean Koontz as an author, and noticed it's missing a lot of his newer stuff (it seems to stop at 2011). When I click on his name in LL, it takes me to the GoodReads page where, if I click on "more books by" it does show a complete list (including future releases, which is something we obviously want included so that we can mark it wanted ahead of time and it'll pick it up once available).

Let me know if you need any more info :)

EDIT: I just tried searching for a missing book specifically, and it did show up. It just doesn't show under the full Author listings...

EDIT2: I just added Stephen King, and his books also stop at 2011 :) Must be something up there...

EDIT3: But George RR Martin is up to date (2012). Weird.

EDIT4: Just from a usability perspective, it'd be good if we search for a book name to be able to add just that book directly. It seems the only thing you can do at the moment is check the box next to the book you want then click Add Author. This, as you'd expect, adds the Author and not the book. You then have to go into the Author list and find the book you want again (which due to the bug above, doesn't show up anyway :D)

EDIT5: Sorry for all the edits

EDIT6: Ok, I just added Lee Child. Most of the Reacher books are there, however it's missing book 6 and 8. Going to the Goodreads page shows both 6 and 8 present. I guess it's ignoring certain results for whatever reason.

EDIT7: Right, just two more things then I'm done for now, honest ;) 1, just a minor thing, the word Downloaded is missing the 'n' on the Author rollup page. 2, I went in and manually marked some Lee Child books as "Have" (as I have them :D), this however doesn't change the number in the "Dowloaded" column.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

There is some basic filtering of books to try and remove books that have non English characters as it made the database unstable. This may be causing the issue you are describing. It shouldn't be to hard to fix. To manually mark a book you would need to put an entry into the wanted table not mark the book status in the books table.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

I found out the issue; essentially rather than returning all the books by an author, the goodreads api returns up to 50 books and then forces you to paginate the results (to get the next 50 and so on). I have now updated the repo and the issue should be fixed.
FatGiant

Post by FatGiant »

This is what my LL looks like.

Running in Linux. Same results in Chrome and Firefox.

As sugested, these images show that my configurations are complete:

In spite of the fact that Logs tab doesn't show, as doesn't the Config button, there's a click area for both right where they should be.

With these configurations nothing is sent to sabnzbd. Re-adding some authors after todays update.

EDIT:
Added author E.E. Smith (GoodReads Page) where you can find 73 distinct books, LL only entered 27 to the list.
Selected all Books, set them to Wanted. The log shows searches in NZBMatrix. No books were sent to SabNZBd.
bmstroh

Post by bmstroh »

I just set up the new version on Ubuntu; I'm seeing the same invisible (but functional) Log and Config buttons. I can search for authors, use the Select All checkbox to select all the books, and Add Author - at that point, I get a blank page, rather than results.

Worked once, but all the books were flagged as Skipped and I can't reset them to Wanted - nothing happens.

Unfortunately, not much else to report - nothing shows up in the log after the search -

23-Nov-2012 14:49:03 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-6 : Searching for author at: http://www.goodreads.com/search.xml?q=c ... 7omh74ZZ6Q
23-Nov-2012 14:49:04 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-6 : Found 9 results

Any ideas?
Wimma

Post by Wimma »

I too have the invisible buttons (thanks for the tip!) but I seem to have it working, at least as far as passing nzb files to sabnzbd. I can see the entries in sabnzb, just have a login issue (my fault, need to get NZBmatrix VIP for API), so looks ok.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

try putting localhost not 127.0.0.1 (I know logically there is no difference) as the sabnzbd hostname. If that doesnt work try the machines external ip address (ie 192.169.1.200). I have just uploaded a new version which uses '.jpg' files for the nav menu rather than '.png' files. Not sure what the issue is that is making them disappear but I cannot reproduce the error using google chrome on windows or mac os x so it may be an issue with ubuntu and the 'png' files. I have also fixed the issue with the author E.E. Smith, essentially it was related to the fact that many of his books have multiple authors and are not just written by him, it should now add 72 of his books. Also the results aren't instantaneous, the page should keep refreshing until all of his books are displayed.
Wimma

Post by Wimma »

FWIW, I used the 192. address for my sabnzbd instance, even though same machine as LL. Can't hurt.
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

Seems all good with the book listings now, thanks Mike :)

For Sab I have it as 0.0.0.0 and it's all working fine (no image issues either) :)