SABNZBD fails to start [Windows 10]

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
HelicopterHigh

SABNZBD fails to start [Windows 10]

Post by HelicopterHigh » July 17th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Recently I noticed my installation was not running. I restarted windows and it did not start automatically like normal, so I reinstalled version 2.1.0. It still didn't start. I decided to monitor the task manager when I attempted to launch the program manually and it showed the program run for a few seconds before disappearing from the program list. I tried installing version 2.2.0 Alpha 3... same problem. I tried the standalones... same problem. Any advice?

I don't know what could have caused this. I don't have any new program installations and I know I have used the program since my last windows update. I don't know if this is related or not, but I also can't type in the windows taskbar cortana/search box...

Any help would be much appreciated.

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SABNZBD fails to start [Windows 10]

Post by safihre » July 18th, 2017, 12:12 am

What happens when you run sabnzbd-console.exe? Does it appear and dissappear very quickly?

In that case, you need to run it from a command prompt by navigating to the instalation directory or the Standalone directory and then running:

Code: Select all

.\sabnzbd-console.exe -l 2
I assume your also restarted your computer already? Sometimes there is weird behavior after big windows updates.

HelicopterHigh

Post by HelicopterHigh » July 18th, 2017, 8:55 am

Yes. I have restarted the computer as well. Maybe i’ll try restarting into safe mode.

HelicopterHigh

Post by HelicopterHigh » July 18th, 2017, 9:53 am

I have restarted the computer numerous times and the program would not start automatically or manually. However, when I restarted and booted in Safe Mode with Networking, I was able to manually launch the program and access the Web GUI...