New usenet harvester/indexer with SABnzbd support.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
dogzipp

New usenet harvester/indexer with SABnzbd support.

Post by dogzipp »

So, I've trying to come up with an automatic solution over the last couple of months for automating downloads, since using nzbs.org and nzbmatrix fell short in flexibility. So, I decided to host my own usenet harverster. Altough the backend relies on newznab, the frontend is 100% custom work, as well as lots of maintance scripts that run on the background for additional processing tasks.

What will you find? Besides the normal stuff you find on most Usenet harvesters/indexers you can expect a clean, beatiful and easy to use interface, built-in support for SABnzbd and NZBget (remote push functionality and basic queue administration) and some features that will knock your socks off.

It's been in operation for months now with a closed group of about a hundred users, still adding lots of stuff and open to suggestions and features from the community. Visit http://www.dognzb.com, create a free account and check it out for yourself.

krackt

Re: New usenet harvester/indexer with SABnzbd support.

Post by krackt »

Nothing special here. About 4 days nzb's is all you'll see unless you fork over $10.00
binsearch, mysterbin and nzbs.su all far better imo.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

IMO:

Beautiful webinterface
Indeed focussed on upgrading to the 10USD account: "17,234 NZB records are not being displayed because of your retention threshold. Click here to upgrade." at the top line.
"foreign" sounds strange. Probably "non-US" is meant?
Bug: clicking on "Downfall S01E01 HDTV XviD-2HD -" leads to "Enterprise (2001)" ?
Pushing NZB/RSS from the website to SABnzbd is interesting, but requires router port forwarding and giving access to a third party (nzbdog). And requires upgrade = payment
There seems to be a RSS feed, but it's empty for me ...
dogzipp

Post by dogzipp »

If you checked the forums, there's a sticky post. Right now there are about 360,000 nzbs. There's still a backlog of files to be added (mostly all stuff), and they are being added at a rate of about 10,000 a day. So it would take about 1 month to get to around 650K. You get 30 days of releases with free accounts, not 4 days.

The upgrade message, is shows so users realize the limitations of a free account, instead of having to figure out why they only see 30 days (since obviously not everyone visits the forums).

Foreign. Well, that's newznab description. It's the same in nzbs.org (beta site) and nzbs.su. Mostly non-english stuff.

As for Downfall. Since all the releases are identified automatically using several APIs (tvrage, tvdb, imdb, etc), sometimes they get one wrong. Normally they correct automatically over the next couple of days.

As for pushing. You are right, it requires opening a port on your router. You can also "pull" using RSS if you're not in a hurry to get your NZB file. The RSS feed you're probably taking about, is of your 'bookmarks'. If you bookmark some files, you should get results withint the RSS.
dogzipp

Post by dogzipp »

sander wrote:Pushing NZB/RSS from the website to SABnzbd is interesting, but requires giving access to a third party (nzbdog).
You can allways use your NZB key instead of the full API key. Push will still work, but there will be no queue management options.
digitorous

Post by digitorous »

Interface is awsome nice work.
Broly

Post by Broly »

Really nice interface, I'm currently a "donator" for nzb.su and nzbmatrix so besides the interface, are more features being considered to set the premium service above those two?
dogzipp

Post by dogzipp »

At the moment you get push and automatic bookmarking capabilities as well as the extended retention threshold. https should be available in the new few days. If you have any more suggestions, you can PM, and well consider if they are viable to add.
songkran

Post by songkran »

Very pretty UI. Maybe request Sabconnect++ extension supports dognzb.com for one click downloads?

http://code.google.com/p/sabconnectplusplus/
dogzipp

Post by dogzipp »

If you're VIP and have push enabled, you can Add to your Queue, and files will be pushed within 1-2 minutes.
tabernacle

Post by tabernacle »

Hi Dog.

Don't know if you will see this but this is the highest ranking post for a search on your name and your forum. A friend recommended that I use your site but apparently I need an invite. How do I go about getting one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-tabernacle
dogzipp

Post by dogzipp »

You can start by reading the rules of this forum.

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12503