Farewell Mysterbin

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
dreamscene

Farewell Mysterbin

Post by dreamscene »

Seems like Mysterbin has gone the way of the dodo :(.
After being spoiled by a raw search indexer with deep rar inspection and 1300+ days of retention, going back to the simpler alternatives proves to be pretty annoying.
Especially the capability to search within archives is sorely missed. It was very useful in order to identify deep rar passworded files or fakes and to find badly tagged, packaged or hidden content.

Is there any real alternative out there? I would even be willing to pay a few bucks for a raw search indexer with 1300+ days of retention and archive inspection/search.
Any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

P.S.: I am not looking for a filtered indexer á la nzbs.org and I am aware of this list.

Regards,
dreamscene
mck

Re: Farewell Mysterbin

Post by mck »

nzbclub is pretty decent
dreamscene

Re: Farewell Mysterbin

Post by dreamscene »

NZBClub seems to be the only other halfway decent raw search indexer besides NZBIndex and Binsearch. Especially the retention is nice.
Too bad it does not offer the capability to search within archives like Mysterbin did.

I have been scouring the net for an indexer with this feature, and all I could come up with was a post in another board that claimed "EasyNews Global Search 2.0" is able to search within archives.
Was not able to verify this claim yet, due to EasyNews being quite pricey.