nzb INDEX - hOW?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
confusedxx

nzb INDEX - hOW?

Post by confusedxx »

I just realized after returning from holidays that NZBmatrix has closed down. I live in Switzerland where it is legal to download for personal use. So I am bummed now ::)

This made me think, I might just open up a Nzbindex site, but wondered how? what does the average monthly bill run at and where can I get the software? How much work does it take once it is up and running?

I have money, but my time is the limiting factor ;D
AaronGant

Re: nzb INDEX - hOW?

Post by AaronGant »

Easiest would likely be to use http://www.newznab.com/
DekeDirt

Post by DekeDirt »

Yeah, but, how?

More to the point, is this something that someone who isn't necessarily tech-savvy, just a NZBMatrix refugee, could set up and use?
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by b1scu1t »

One can setup a newznab servers and back fill etc, it takes a reasonable amount of bandwith. Secondly, with the upswing in automated dmca takedowns, having your own index isn't going to matter if all the data is broken.
AaronGant

Post by AaronGant »

DekeDirt wrote:is this something that someone who isn't necessarily tech-savvy, just a NZBMatrix refugee, could set up and use?
In regards to the not tech-savvy, I'd say no, it isn't for them.

If you are at all familiar with web hosting and setting up web applications (forums, blogs, cms, etc.) it should be pretty easy and straight forward.