NZBFinder - Usenet Indexer for Automation software!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Whomastadon

Re: NZB Finder - Usenet Indexer for Couchpotato/Sickbeard et

Post by Whomastadon »

Hey just wondering if any users of this index are still using it and what you think of it. I am looking for an indexer mainly for HD content ( movies and TV shows ) and this one sounds good.
Bento

Post by Bento »

Whomastadon wrote:Hey just wondering if any users of this index are still using it and what you think of it. I am looking for an indexer mainly for HD content ( movies and TV shows ) and this one sounds good.
It is :-)
stupy76 wrote:Hi Bento,
Stupid question - sorry if it's been asked, I'm too lazy to read through the entire thread ;)
I registered on NZBFinder, but searches come up with seemingly outdated/missing results (comparing to other index sites or even manually searching each group). Is the "full site" hidden for non-paying users or am I missing something?
Thanks
Hi,

Could you please PM me with the results you think are missing?

Thanks!
nitwit

Post by nitwit »

Whomastadon wrote:Hey just wondering if any users of this index are still using it and what you think of it. I am looking for an indexer mainly for HD content ( movies and TV shows ) and this one sounds good.
Especially for HD content, NZBFinder is a great site. You can try it for free, so go for it.
roads

Post by roads »

Bento I need to set up an RSS feed with SABNZB there is a series that got passworded as first release and sickbeard cant cope with that as you cant set preferred releases like WEB. What is the RSS feed for TV series in HD in general? I saw that you can see a feed for a series but I want SABNZB to search the entire TV RSS.
roads

Post by roads »

OK found it an it is working well for TV but lossless audio the feed url brings up nothing. Bento can you please check the audio lossless RSS feed url please?
moey1974

Post by moey1974 »

Bento wrote:Hi,

NZB Finder is aiming to provide a home for a select few people who need a simple but fast indexer for HD content. We only index the HD groups for TV Series, Movies, Blu-Rays, Anime and also a few audio groups. This is perfect if you need an API which Couchpotato, Sickbeard and Headphones can speak to to retrieve NZB's for automatic downloading.

The first 50 users get a free upgrade to a donator account. After that I'm requesting a $10 minimum fee to get the server costs covered. The server should be powerful enough for a few thousand users but I want to keep it low profile so be quick :)

We currently have a backfill of about 100 days but the goal is to have about 1100 days (~3 years) in hte next 6 weeks. While backfilling, the indexing engine is also updating the database with new posts every 10 minutes.

Keep updated at: https://twitter.com/NZBFinder

Cheers,

Bento
Totally leaves a bad taste in my mouth for you charging for a subscription at a site that uses a script that is free and is exactly what you are using, there are at least 30 different other new nzb index sites that just recently sprouted up using the exact same scripts. Dont believe me.....go here and register and YES they are FREE as they should be because nothing sets them apart from your site or any of the 30+ other sites using the exact same script and site layout and nzb offerings... http://nzbid.org/ http://www.nzbplanet.net http://newztown.co.za/ http://www.nzbs4u.net

If your going to go into it..go into for the love of it...not to make a quick bucks, NO offense dude but i see a lot of younger guys popping up into the scene..which the scene at one time was never about "money" at all...im talking about years ago when the FTP Scene and newsgroup scene worked in tandem and everyone including us hackers and my friends along with my old group "Drink0rDie" were broken up by authorities...we were never in it for the money, we actually spent and lost money to provide warez for the scene, remember "Myth, PARADOX or how about Project X which was my last group i did work for back during the original xbox days" i did a lot of releases for them too!....it's just not the same anymore with P2P, torrents coming into the realm of things where its all mainstream accessible which ruined it all and brought in authorities and of course...people like you trying to make money off something that should never actually involve money...heck SABnzbd even know better to charge for their software....they know how to keep it "real"...and maybe you need to learn to keep it real bro..like i said no offense...but to charge for a simple script that can be had for free if you know where to look than i see people using it to make money off it...erks the hell out of me.

I got an old friend named Fosi...you may or may not know this guy but he was there back when i was a member with Drink0rDie and to this day he still runs his low budget, crappy looking site but the best thing about his site is that he never asked for money, never charged for his cracked apps that HE CRACKED HIMSELF and gave freely to the scene. Google "fosi warez" without the quotes...he's one of my long time friends and he taught me how to be a seasoned cracker and got me on the road of knowing how to hack and crack anything put in front of me.

Noobs that want to make a buck off the scene do not belong in the scene...it is exactly what ruined it all, period!
nitwit

Post by nitwit »

I get your point Moey, but don't you think the other sites are "free" and will adapt the "donate or die" principle in the (near) future. Perhaps not to make big bugs, but to cover server expenses amongst others? So, if it is free and stays free, somebody is very generous with a filantropic attitude? Charging from $ 10,- onwards per annum seems quite reasonable to me.
ikarasu

Post by ikarasu »

Any NZB site that is free / not filled with ads, or donate-based, will be dead in a month or two.

I run a newznab server also, And I ask for a $10 donation also (There is a free aspect of the site...where you get full access to everything, but are limited to 5 downloads a day... more than generous!). I was lucky enough to get involved in the very begining of when the famous NZB site died. So I had a lot of generous users donating right away... I made probably $2000 within a day. The past 2 months, I've made probably $200.

My server costs are: $150 a month for the dedicated server (Some people -pay a lot more!). $100 for SSL a year, and a few other things. When Newznab first came out, it was pretty glitchy... and I spent a good 2 weeks vacation time of work to get it setup / running, working 15+ Hours a day, while having a 1 month old son, just to make sure it was stable, and I had 5 years worth of NZBS imported. even if I took all the money I got for donations, I'd be out money wise for the site.

I can't afford $150-200 a month for server costs by myself - But ALL donations are in a fund thats paying for the server. I'm paying for half out of pocket, half by donations, So the site will be up for at least 3 years, and thats just on current donations.

People donate for peace of mind - If you want to join one of the free fly-by providers, thats up to you. In a week, you'll likelly be looking for another, because NZB sites are not a set and forget piece of software. It takes constant upgrading and monitoring.

I don't do it for proffit, I do it so me and a small community have a reliable place for NZBs. So don't go pointing fingers at everyone who asks for donations, as being money hungry, and out to make a quick buck. I donate half the costs, and all my time, and the rest is there to make sure nothing un-expected happens, My site we're a community, and some people have donated $50-100 in repeat donations, because they see / understand where the money is going, which is into the site, not our pockets.
nitwit

Post by nitwit »

Ikarasu, I cannot agree more!!
Bento

Post by Bento »

So you actually joined this board just to post a random rant? I can't really go into any detail about my previous endeavours but just dont act like you're the only old-timer in "the scene".

You clearly have no idea what goes into running a site like this with the kind of hardware specs we are running on right now. Also the software we are using isn't free at all good sir ;-) Get your facts together before flapping your mouth all over the interwebs.
falkon72

Post by falkon72 »

So I'm new to this but I'm giving a try to your indexer before I donate but I'm having some problems finding content. To give you an example I've included the code below. I can clearly find a result for this episode using your web interface but the API is not picking it up. Can you help?

Code: Select all

Apr-28 10:43:10 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Unable to find a download for Battlestar Galactica (2003) - 1x10 - The Hand of God
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: formatting pattern: %SN - %Sx%0E - %EN -> Battlestar Galactica (2003) - 1x10 - The Hand of God
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Episode has no release name, replacing it with a generic one: %SN - %Sx%0E - %EN
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: formatting pattern: %SN - %Sx%0E - %EN -> Battlestar Galactica (2003) - 1x10 - The Hand of God
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Episode has no release name, replacing it with a generic one: %SN - %Sx%0E - %EN
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: No result picked.
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Picking the best result out of []
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Search url: https://www.nzbfinder.ws/api?ep=10&apikey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&limit=100&t=tvsearch&season=1&rid=2730&maxage=1700&cat=5030%2C5040
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Cache results: []
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: cache.db: SELECT * FROM nzb_finder WHERE tvdbid = ? AND season = ? AND episodes LIKE ? with args [73545, 1, '%|10|%']
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Last update was too soon, using old cache: today()-2013-04-28 10:41:47<0:15:00
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: cache.db: SELECT time FROM lastUpdate WHERE provider = ? with args [u'nzb_finder']
Apr-28 10:43:10 DEBUG    SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: cache.db: SELECT time FROM lastUpdate WHERE provider = ? with args [u'nzb_finder']
Apr-28 10:43:10 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Searching NZB Finder for Battlestar Galactica (2003) - 1x10 - The Hand of God
Apr-28 10:43:10 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Searching for Battlestar Galactica (2003) - 1x10 - The Hand of God
Apr-28 10:43:10 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Searching for download for Battlestar Galactica (2003) - 1x10 - The Hand of God
Apr-28 10:42:10 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-11 :: sickbeard.db: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tv_episodes WHERE season != 0 and episode != 0 AND (airdate != 1 OR status IN (4,3276804,204,404,3204,1604,104,804,2,3276802,202,402,3202,1602,102,802,9,3276809,209,409,3209,1609,109,809,6)) AND airdate <= 734986 AND status != 7
Apr-28 10:42:10 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-11 :: sickbeard.db: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tv_episodes WHERE status IN (4,3276804,204,404,3204,1604,104,804,6) AND season != 0 and episode != 0 AND airdate <= 734986
Bento

Post by Bento »

Sorry I can't help you with that. NZBFinder seems to be picking up the episodes like any other TV Show. You might want to ask this question in the Sickbeard forums.
roads

Post by roads »

Bento is it necessary to name the directories and files with a point instead of a space? This is new to me and programs like XBMC do not like it making us to rename the folders and files all the time.
Bento

Post by Bento »

What do you mean? Scene format dictates that the information in movie and tv file and foldernames is seperated by dots and dashes.

My Couchpotato and Sickbeard installs download all releases and automatically rename them to this format. XBMC works just fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_(warez)#Naming
roads

Post by roads »

Ah OK didn’t know. I had scraping problems with Frodo XBMC and read that its name and year in parentheses. I renamed the movies without dot and the year like (2013) and now everything is scraped correctly.

Here from a a forum and I see it the same way I just do it to the directory, not the file:
I name all my movies the same as imdb.com such as

The Shawshank Redemption (1994).mp4

All movies get scraped perfectly.