NZBFinder - Usenet Indexer for Automation software!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Bento

Re: NZB Finder - Usenet Indexer for Couchpotato/Sickbeard et

Post by Bento »

Hi,

I will be performing some maintenance and update stuff on the server today. There's a chance the server will need 1 or more reboots so if the website doesn't respond right away please be patient for a few more minutes :-)

Cheers!
Bento

Post by Bento »

Hi,

I am doing some SQL maintenance on the servers. The queries seem to be heavy enough to slow down the server.

So if the website or API doesn't respond during the next hour or so don't worry. We'll be back up to speed soon :-)

Cheers!
nitwit

Post by nitwit »

Are you back to normal speed already? Seems to be just a bit slower, or is it just at my end? You guys are running a smooth operation btw. A relief compared to sites coming and going. Thx for the support and keep up the good work.
Bento

Post by Bento »

Hi Folks,

We will start doing some major maintenance on NZB Finder this week. The website will go down for at least a day and will probably be slow (due to heavy SQL queries) before that.

There will be a new design for the website and we'll also be switching over to Darius' fork of newznab which combines the best of Newznab and nZEDb into one package. There will also be some new features and less spam when we're done.

I'm making this post now as I'm unsure when we'll start. But somewhere this week :P So don't got mental when the website and API are slow or down ;-)

Cheers!
Bento

Post by Bento »

Ok I decided to just go for it tonight. So expect downtime today and tomorrow :)
gallico916

Post by gallico916 »

Hello Bento,

Just checked the site today and have a small strange problem.
When trying to reset my password I get that my email address in not recognized, but when I try to create a new account he tells me that my account already exists?

Any advise?
Bento

Post by Bento »

Check your PM.
grublits

Post by grublits »

Hey Bento,

Still no email to reset my password. Updated site looks nice. :)

v/r
Grublits
Bento

Post by Bento »

Resetting should work now.
Bento

Post by Bento »

We switched over to Darius's newznab fork called newznab-tmux almost 2 weeks ago. It all looked fine but when the site was put under load the whole thing came down like a house of cards. Darius tremendously helped with debugging and it turned out to be a database issue.

Because we couldn't pinpoint the issue and were under pressure to bring the site back online the decision was made to start from scratch. So NZB Finder is now running on nZEDb which I personally find a whole lot better than stock Newznab, it finds a lot more releases and filters out more stuff than before. The previous work done to make the site compatible with newznab-tmux made the switch a lot easier. We did however dump all of our releases, started with a new clean database and then started importing all the old releases again. The importing is done but there is still a post-processing queue of 1,5 million releases at the time of writing this. It means search results can be unexpected and some covers etc. might be missing, but that should all return to normal in the next 2 weeks or so.

No user accounts were lost as they were copied over to the new install. You should still change your password if you haven't done that already in the last 2 weeks.

Change log

Please check our previous post.
(19-06-2015) Started migrating to nZEDb
(20-06-2015) We stopped using Redis for caching. It is an awesome piece of software but the server can cope with the load again so no caching is necessary.
(20-06-2015) Removed the PreDB. (/u/anal_full_nelson made his point)
(21-06-2015) Fixed profile changes not being saved
(21-06-2015) All sorts of minor (UI) fixes
(21-06-2015) Switched live website over to new nZEDb based website
(22-06-2015) Fixed movies page showing HTTP 503 error when selecting a specific category
(22-06-2015) Fixed Bitcoin payment bugs

VPN
We stopped our affiliation with HMA after some comments in the previous post. I personally wasn't informed enough about their privacy issues. We now recommend two other VPN providers because they were recommended by Torrentfreak.

NZB Uploading
We still don't allow NZB uploading for legal reasons. We like to stay in business.

Forum
We received some questions if there would be a forum added to the website. There won't be one. For the simple fact that we have IRC and Reddit and I don't have enough time to properly moderate a forum (to make sure no illegal stuff is being posted for example).

Donations
We've made a generous donation to Darius his newznab-tmux project a few weeks ago and have done the same for the nZEDb project just now.

If you have any questions or want to submit a bug contact us at: [email protected]

Cheers,

Bento
Bento

Re: NZBFinder - Usenet Indexer for Automation software!

Post by Bento »

Got a new set of disks or maybe a new NAS for christmas? We're still open for registration ;-)
opentoe

Post by opentoe »

Bento wrote:Got a new set of disks or maybe a new NAS for christmas? We're still open for registration ;-)
Is the engine newznab?
Bento

Post by Bento »

opentoe wrote:
Bento wrote:Got a new set of disks or maybe a new NAS for christmas? We're still open for registration ;-)
Is the engine newznab?
No we're running on nZEDb which is much better. The API however is 100% compatible with Newznab thus compatible with the popular Usenet apps like Sonarr, SickRage and Couchpotato,
Bento

Post by Bento »

We have implemented new deobfuscation features last month. Also a warm welcome to all new users who came from OZNZB.
nitwit

Post by nitwit »

These guys are on top of their game. Just received following e-mail from NZBFinder. The new "Finetune Search" and "Tutorial" section looks like worthful additions.

Just wanted to share this with you guys.

We're emailing you once again to inform you we've fixed a ton of bugs and added or improvided some features to our service.

• Advanced Search allows you to finetune your searches and get only the results you want.
• Searching for more specific category related terms is now possible when viewing that category. Take a look at the Movies or Music cover pages for example.
• Reporting is improved which should result in less false positives. You can now tell us why you're reporting a release and what should be done about it.
• Deobfuscation is massively improved again. Especially when compared to 95% of the other indexers.
• UHD (4K) categories have been added to Movies, TV and XXX. If you want to use these with Sonarr you'll need to add them. Please check our new help site.
• Status monitoring website can now be found at https://status.nzbfinder.ws
• Our API had some minor bugs for some users. All of those are are now fixed.

We've introduced a seperate Helpdesk / FAQ site

https://help.nzbfinder.ws is now your #1 resource for all questions regarding NZB Finder. Check out the FAQ page and specific tutorials in how to configure specific software for use with NZB Finder. It's a little empty still so please shoot us an e-mail at [email protected] if you want to request a tutorial or have suggestions about the help section.

We've also squashed tons or little bugs which users have reported. Thank you for that!

Visit NZBFinder

If you haven't used NZBFinder for a while please do check us out again. Please know there are not that many indexers out there reaching our level of release renaming (deobfuscation).

Thank you!
NZBFinder.ws