More and more missing blocks, solution?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
bbaraniec

More and more missing blocks, solution?

Post by bbaraniec »

Hi,

Since I can remember I'm using astraweb. Recently there are many shows missing blocks. So I bought tweaknews and I was able to "recover" few files but my luck didn't lasted long.
Last two weeks even more shows are lacking insane amount of parts. So I've tried newshosting. Running with setup 2xastraweb (en,us), tweaknews (backup) and newshosting I'm still getting a lot of broken files.
What I have observed is even when using only newshosting most of the downloads Article identifier is pointing eu.news.astraweb.com (example [email protected])
What is the best combo these days?
-
Kind regards
Bartek
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: More and more missing blocks, solution?

Post by sander »

I would say the best (practical) solution is to download before a DMCA takedown notice is issued and executed.

Or find an obscure spot forum with its own spots under unknown names
bbaraniec

Post by bbaraniec »

Most of the files are missing just huge amount of parts. DMCA on the other hand are taking out everything, SAB will inform that file is out of retention.
So maybe there is better solution then astraweb.
-
Kind regards
Bartek
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

bbaraniec wrote: What I have observed is even when using only newshosting most of the downloads Article identifier is pointing eu.news.astraweb.com (example [email protected])
Article ID-s are determined by the news server to which the post has been uploaded.
So for these, the poster used Astraweb.