Ratings question

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
VAW

Ratings question

Post by VAW »

I've looked here and Googled, but haven't found an answer.

In the downloaded History section, there are clickable up and down thumbs for each file. Does this feedback count somewhere, like on the Score ratings seen in Couchpotato? Or anywhere else?

I just started giving a thumbs up if the file is what I was looking for, and a thumbs down if it was a case of mistaken identity. Am I doing it wrong? Or, does it even matter to anyone?
ALbino

Re: Ratings question

Post by ALbino »

The ratings are for your indexer to help weed out fakes and low quality releases.
VAW

Post by VAW »

Thanks for the quick reply.

So, even if it is the correct file, but at a lower quality than I desire, it should be a negative, if I understand you correctly.

Another question (hey, it says Newbie right under my handle) ... where do the scores in Couchpotato come from?

And, if the file is totally off the wall (I've seen that too), should I attempt to give feedback to the NZB Indexer which directed to it, or just carry on?

Pardon me if I ask too many questions, or ask them in the wrong place. There is a learning curve to this.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

VAW wrote:So, even if it is the correct file, but at a lower quality than I desire, it should be a negative, if I understand you correctly.
Probably a question for your indexer on how they want that handled.
VAW wrote:Another question (hey, it says Newbie right under my handle) ... where do the scores in Couchpotato come from?
I don't use Couchpotato, so I can't help you there.
VAW wrote:And, if the file is totally off the wall (I've seen that too), should I attempt to give feedback to the NZB Indexer which directed to it, or just carry on?
If the file is clearly a fake, requires a password, has a virus, etc, then I personally would take a minute to go to the actual file's page on your indexer and comment on it by hand to let the rest of the community know there's a problem and give the indexer a chance to remove it.
VAW

Post by VAW »

To be clear ... if a downloaded file is the intended file, but I would've preferred a higher resolution ... it's a negative?

And, what effect does that have? I'm not indicating the reason for the displeasure.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

If the file says it's a 720p BluRay and it's NOT a 720p BluRay, then you should report it as mislabeled.

These are probably better questions for your indexer's forum than the SABnzbd forum. SAB provides the functionality if the indexer supports it, but all the information just goes to your indexer and then they decide what to do with it. I'd ask them how they want you to handle individual situations.
VAW

Post by VAW »

I ask it here because the feedback buttons are integral to SABnzbd. I see a feature of the program and want to know how to properly use it. That was the purpose of the thread anyway. Sorry if you think I went a bit OT.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

No need to apologize, just letting you know that you'll get better answers from them than here. In a lot of ways ratings are subjective. For example my instinct is to rate/report anything with a password, but for all I know your indexer uses passwords intentionally. Or maybe you belong to an indexer for quality snobs, and anything with a lower bitrate or from a Scene ripping group should be rated poorly. Fakes, viruses, etc, are universal, but the rest is up to them to figure out what they want and what they should do with it.