What is the solution to obfuscation?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
threec

What is the solution to obfuscation?

Post by threec »

Is there a solution to obfuscation because I'm getting way too many files that after being processed look like gibberish so I have to go back and manually rename them. Apparently NZBGet does this automatically so is the solution to just switch clients? I was hoping for a script or an app but I couldn't find any scripts and the only app I found QoQ doesn't work.
ALbino

Re: What is the solution to obfuscation?

Post by ALbino »

You need to enable Sorting. Take a look at this page:

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-sorting
threec

Post by threec »

Didn't really think that would work but I was willing to give it a shot, second file downloaded and "JjZpIU5BwpkmaXoYh4e8lw8vGAfJS8vybljM6Bfguwi5AOBO9aYa4dhRR5Rbq.mkv" is what I get.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

It will only work if the NZB file itself has a sensible name.
Some indexers send proper information along with the NZB (and some embed it in the NZB).
If SABnzbd find such data, it will use it
If you have a simple NZB with a bad name and no meta-data, then nzbget won't be able to name it properly either.
threec

Post by threec »

Its coming from nzbs.org and the nzb name and source are correct when I look at sabnzbd, only the unpack/repair is "wrong".
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

SP, this means that a sensible title shows up in the queue?
If so and you'real using the Sort function, it should work fine.
At least it does in the current development version, which will
be released as Beta2 within two weeks.
Could you PM the URL of an example NZB?
A URL into nzbs.org, I have an account.
threec

Post by threec »

I haven't heard back from shypike but I figured I'd post a screenshot of my sort setting to see if anyone else can spot a problem http://imgur.com/2acNPbv
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

It looks like under TV you don't have Default selected, so it's not applying to anything. Select Default, then hit save and try again.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

ALbino wrote:It looks like under TV you don't have Default selected, so it's not applying to anything. Select Default, then hit save and try again.
That would indeed be a problem.
Season Sorting is never triggered.
threec

Post by threec »

Actually the default being highlighted didn't make a difference for me I did finally run down the issue though, first I changed my sort string to "%sn.S%0sE%0e.%en.%ext" that actually gave me a proper output and the big one was "Enable folder rename" in switches had to be unchecked, unchecking that finally allowed sabnzbd to take over and rename files.

I appreciate all the help and work you guys put into this, sonarr + sabnzbd makes life SO easy when it comes to this stuff...so much better than a decade+ ago.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

threec wrote:the big one was "Enable folder rename" in switches had to be unchecked, unchecking that finally allowed sabnzbd to take over and rename files.
That is strange.
The folder renaming is troublesome on Windows systems (due to Windows design flaws)
but I have never seen a connection to series renaming.
I'll look into this later.
threec

Post by threec »

I'm running a nas4free server and I drop everything directly to that via a network share (I was doing this using z:\ as the destination but changed it to \\serverip\storage so that also may be part of the problem) on a windows 10 machine, I do keep the temp files on my desktop but the unpack is done directly to the server.

I don't know what the issue is/was but when that was checked I was getting file rename errors in sabnzbd and of course was still getting obfuscated files, uncheck it and the errors went away and the files were renamed correctly. Now after running for ~1 week I do still get the occasional file that isn't renamed, without error, but now it's like 1/20-30 files instead of 8/10. I haven't pinned down that issue yet but I'm keeping an eye on it and if I come up with anything I'll report back.