Growl no route to host

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
rustyfrog666

Growl no route to host

Post by rustyfrog666 »

Finally got my dream setup with htpc with Kodibuntu also running SABNZB. It is set up and working well receiving nzbs from Sickbeard on my Windows laptop.

Is possible to see the Growl reports on the Windows laptop from SABNZB on the Kodibuntu machine on the windows laptop?

Saw the option for using Growl to send reports back to the laptop (as accessing the htpc is pain to see failed downloads). Growl tests fine on the kodibuntu machine. It's also loaded on Windows.

I get a no route to host error on SAB when I use the server address as the laptop: 192.168.1.101:23053. Also on Windows laptop, where I have subscribed Growl to receive notifications, it says server unavailable.

(Appreciate this isn't a SAB question necessarily, but wasn't sure where else to turn)

Cheers!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Growl no route to host

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd reports back what it gets from the Growl library we use.
So far, my own setup (an Ubuntu server running SABnzbd) shows Growl messages on my iMac.
Growl isn't always easy to setup, you need to tell it explicitly to accept incoming traffic.
You also need to tell your software firewall (if any) that Growl can accept incoming traffic.
rustyfrog666

Re: Growl no route to host

Post by rustyfrog666 »

That's great, thanks. Sounds like you have similar setup and now I know it is possible I will invest some time in fixing it.

Cheers