Version / Release date

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
mennojonker

Version / Release date

Post by mennojonker »

It's nothing, of course... But as I check for new version on a regular base, I found that (at least!) twice now, the release date for version 7.20 has been renewed, without a version update... Meaning, that version 7.20 at first said to be release on <some date that I don't recall, January 2015 or so>, then July 15, 2015 (if memory serves well) and now February 20, 2016.

Either this is a trick to make people think the software si regularly maintained and this is a new version !!!, or... (which is seems likelier to me, personally)

There's some script working on the page that sets the release date somehow...

Some things I want to be clear, though:

- I like SABnzbd, and I haven't found any bugs that prevent me from using the software the way I want it
- I wouldn't know what to improve on SABnzbd, so I am NOT complaining about "lack of updates"
- I know the software is free, so no one is forced in any way to clarify anything to me

But... I just can't help but seeing and wondering how the release date gets updated, yet the version remains the same. Call it curiosity, a need to have mysteries clarified...

And above all: :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Version / Release date

Post by safihre »

Hahah indeed a error in the script! :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

This is likely a bug in Sourceforge's stellar download data api that is resulting in our release dates updating for all applications when we push out a beta. I'll switch it shortly to our new script based on releases being posted to Github.

SABnzbd *is* being updated, and 1.0 is right around the corner. We're on RC2 right now.
mennojonker

Post by mennojonker »

safihre wrote:Hahah indeed a error in the script! :)
LOL I figured, dunno why... As I checked the page for updates again, I noticed the release version having reverted to October 2015... Thanks for clarifying, it really mystified me!
Last edited by mennojonker on March 2nd, 2016, 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mennojonker

Post by mennojonker »

inpheaux wrote:This is likely a bug in Sourceforge's stellar download data api that is resulting in our release dates updating for all applications when we push out a beta. I'll switch it shortly to our new script based on releases being posted to Github.

SABnzbd *is* being updated, and 1.0 is right around the corner. We're on RC2 right now.

That's interesting news! Looking forward to it... :) And thanks for solving the mystery!