File associations help

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
djgend

File associations help

Post by djgend »

Hello, i have a bit tricky problem regarding nzb File associations, i have ticked file associations as i install the 1.0.1 bin, and of course it can open nzb files automatically in the first time, but when the web interface instance is running, then i cant double click any nzb file to send to the web interface as queue, it must drag the file again and again, thats sick and inconvenient.

I do check the file associations in the total commander and also command prompt of windows itself, it shows below

Code: Select all

>assoc .nzb
>.nzb=NZBFile
>ftype NZBFile
>not found
In the TC, there is a file type called "NZB File", associate to open and edit the NZB File through my install folder.

I have no conflict software installed, this is results in a clean install of sabnzbd 1.0.0 and 1.0.1, previous version i used is good no such problem, anyone help please?

p.s. its not very clean install, i retain the previous setting, upgrade from older version to 1.0.0
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: File associations help

Post by shypike »

Install again and this time check the box that enables NZB association.
Web browsers often have their own associations.
djgend

Post by djgend »

I already ticked the option when i install the bin, the function that i require is that like double click to add to queue, in the past version it works but since 1.0.0 thats not worked.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

In case you haven't already tried this:

Right-click on an NZB -> go to Open With -> then Choose Default Program -> make sure "always use the specified program to open this kind of file" is checked -> select SABnzbd or Browse to the exe in Program Files -> click Okay
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

Also, if you're on Windows 7 or lower, I highly recommend Default Programs Editor:

http://defaultprogramseditor.com/

It hasn't been updated in 6 years, but it's still an invaluable tool for things like which programs open which files, options when you right click, and even for choosing file type icons.
djgend

Post by djgend »

Thanks Albino but your solution is not worked for me, since its already associated but only works when sabnzbd instance is not running, after it is running then double click a nzb file lead to no response, nothing will happen. My os is win7 ultimate, how about yours, do you try open a nzb file from external application? Can you add a nzb file to queue by double click it when the instance is running? thanks for the further help.
djgend

Post by djgend »

Bump, i dont know if its my problem or its the newer version bug.
djgend

Post by djgend »

I found the problem, its due to my downlaod folder contain non-unicode letter, after i place the file to a folder only contain unicode letter or ansi letter, that works like a charm.