Download all par2 files

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
makaveli96

Download all par2 files

Post by makaveli96 »

I'm using sabnzbd 1.0.3 and have tried setting processing to Repair and 'Download all par2 files' in the post processing section, but I don't get all the par2 files. I'm backing up my downloads to a NAS and would like to have as many pars as possible in case of minor corruption. The only way I've been able to get all the par2s is to set processing to Download, but then I have to manually check all the downloads with quickpar. Ideally I would like some way to have sab auto check the downloads, but still download all par2s.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Download all par2 files

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd also does on-the-fly checking of the downloaded files ("QuickCheck"), using just one of the par2 files.
If that goes well, it won't download additional par2 files, it would be useless.
If you want all par2 files anyway, disable the QuickCheck option in Config->Switches.
makaveli96

Post by makaveli96 »

Quickcheck is already disabled, but it still doesn't download all the par2 files.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Are you quite sure?
Keep in mind that SABnzbd removes the par2 files once verification is successful.
makaveli96

Post by makaveli96 »

Yeah, it looks like that's what happened. I was monitoring the downloads in real time and when using +Repair, using Download all par2 files, and disabling quickcheck, it downloads all the par2 files but then deletes all but 3 pars when the check is successful.

Is there a way to still have it check downloads but not delete most of the pars? Right now I've switched over to using Download for post processing and manually checking the downloads with quickpar, but ideally I'd like to have sab automatically check downloads without deleting most of the pars after a successful check.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Config->Special->enable_par_cleanup
makaveli96

Post by makaveli96 »

This is working mostly the way it should. The one remaining issue is that on downloads that need repairs the *.1 files are left around and I have to clean them up manually. Is it possible to get rid of them automatically?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Set an extension based clean filter in Config->Switches
Just enter 1 and all files ending in .1 will be erased after post-processing.