Slow SunnyUsenet - Any one else?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Sinisa

Slow SunnyUsenet - Any one else?

Post by Sinisa »

hello everyone,

some two months ago my sunny usenet - sunny 5 expired. Since I was not home I just let it like that, few days ago I payed for a year of service.

Speed is totally off - somewhere in neighborhood of 700KB/s - should be, it was 5.1 MB/s, with 5 active connections.

I had a problem like that once - it was my router, this time it is not.

- Speed test from that machine - download speed 39.1 MB/s
- Tested from different physical location - different city - 700KB/s
- Tested from 3 different PC and 2 different OS, 2 different NZB download clients and 2 different ISP providers
- Tested on one machine with free trial of VPN clinet - set my public address to Netherlands - still 700

- Tested with different provider - speed is OK

Today I took trial acc of their unlimited plan - 20 connections - got 5.1 speed , with 20 connections I shuld be able to fly.

Their tehnical support really sucks and keep sending me predefined mails saying that their service is "as is" an that they can not configure my PC!?!

Any one else having problems - what coud i try to do/ test.

Thank you
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Slow SunnyUsenet - Any one else?

Post by sander »

As a benchmark, get a free trial account at another provider (for example https://www.xsnews.nl/en/freetrial.html ) and try the speed with that provider. If that is full speed, you know the problem is at Sunny Usenet.
Sinisa

Post by Sinisa »

I did that, sorry If I was not clear

- Tested wit different provider - speed is OK

I am really mad because I paid for a whole year in advance, and they just keep sending me stupid predefined mails

Just tested with different provider from Netherlands - also slow. But with "fastusenet" and 5 connections I get around 4.8 MB/s

It would seam that both sunny and this other provider from Netherlands are reselers for BASEIP :(
Last edited by Sinisa on October 5th, 2016, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Wait: "sunny 5" ... so http://www.sunnyusenet.com/en/packages/sunny-5 , of 1-euro-something per month?

If so: that's 5 Mbps, which is about 0.5-0.6 MB/s (bits versus bytes) = 500-600 kB/s, so your 700KB/s is as expected.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

@Sinisa: did my post help you and clear things up?
Sinisa

Post by Sinisa »

Hi,

sorry for late reply, was not home.

Yes it did, i am overworked (two jobs) and somehow i replaced kbit and KB in calculation.

Needless to say - I feal really stupid right now.

I don't think this post can help anyone with anything, so feel free to delete it.

Thank you