Can this incomplete file be salvaged?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
fallenturtle

Can this incomplete file be salvaged?

Post by fallenturtle »

I have a video file that had missing articles so I paused it early on, got a block account, and then continued the download foolishly thinking SABnzb would get the missing articles. It finished the download but wasn't able to repair it or unrar it. I've already used about 5GB from my block to download this file, so I was hoping to avoid downloading the whole thing all over again. I thought it was just some of the earlier parts missing, but when I put the file in QuickPar it told me that rar files 1-39 were incomplete and 40-67 were missing. I'm pretty sure I have all the par2 files.

If I were to download only the missing rar files, would I probably be able to repair the video file, or would that likely be more wasted download credits and I'm better off redownloading the whole thing?

Thanks.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can this incomplete file be salvaged?

Post by safihre »

That depends, how many blocks are missing in the first 39 files? Count those up and see if they are lower than the number of available blocks.
If sabnzbd canceled the download, it's probably because the number of par2 will not be able to restore the job no matter what.
So if you want to save bandwidth, indeed download the missing ones and add a few of the incomplete ones to add extra blocks. Plus of course all the par2.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
fallenturtle

Re: Can this incomplete file be salvaged?

Post by fallenturtle »

Sabnzdb didn't cancel it, it just failed to repair and unrar it.

I need 855 blocks out of 1,989.