Downloads stuck at 100%

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
ddickenson

Downloads stuck at 100%

Post by ddickenson »

I've recently noticed downloads beginning to become stuck at 100% and not moving to the "completed" pane.

This server has been running for several years so I imagined an update of the app was in order. That completed, but made no change. Also not all downloads get stuck. Some go ahead and complete.

Changing the priority to "STOP" seems to get them moved but I'm unclear what could cause this to stop working automatically all of a sudden. Any ideas?
jkoopmann

Re: Downloads stuck at 100%

Post by jkoopmann »

Hi,

so I am NOT alone then. I am seeing just the same thing. Also no changes I can think of but all of the sudden (app. 2 weeks now) this happens several times a week. Thanks for the "STOP" trick though. I did not think of this.

It is terribly annoying. At first I thought this was due to direct unpack however it is back now even with direct unpack off. Nothing in the logs point me towards a solution.

Regards,
JP
jkoopmann

Post by jkoopmann »

I have to correct myself. Looks as if "STOP" pushes it back to post-processing. Looks as if additional PAR-stuff is needed and it is pushed back into the download queue where again it hangs forever.

Last thing I see relevant to this is

2018-01-29 08:49:11,986::DEBUG::[nzbstuff:1054] Got additional md5pack for set 21fb57b25f6f4efaa8d18ee8dffde731

Then: Nothing.
jkoopmann

Post by jkoopmann »

Take a look at all your newsservers. Maybe one of them is not sane anymore. Nextgennews seems to be down and (maybe a bug) SAB now tries to get missing articles forever instead of giving up...
ddickenson

Post by ddickenson »

Ah hah... I do use nextgennews as one of my servers... crap they were one of the better ones! Are they down for good?
jkoopmann

Post by jkoopmann »

Looks like it. Yes.
ddickenson

Post by ddickenson »

Well crap. They always seemed to get the things my unlimited providers didn't. Oh well.

Took them out of the rotation and BAM stuff starts downloading and moving etc again.

Thanks for the help!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Hope to fix this soon!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Some reasons for this yes.
If it still happens to you, please update to 2.3.3, make sure all your servers are working, that your cache is big enough. If the downloads take a while to jump from 100% to Post processing (so not really stuck) even after 20min or so, it's probably due to the system not being able to handle the download speed. Try downloading at lower speed.

If it still happens, enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again send me the log at [email protected]?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
morgan1993

Post by morgan1993 »

Oh, my such situation is heartbreaking when you are almost there when it stops.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Please answer same questions and send me the log.
Also include the name of the download that got stuck.