RSS - Allow Same File Download?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Anon1789

RSS - Allow Same File Download?

Post by Anon1789 »

Hi all,

I have been using SABnzbd for sometime now. Recently I have had the need to re-download some files from an RSS feed.

Say I add file "A101" to my RSS feed, SABnzbd automatically detects this and downloads it for me, when this happens it will then be automatically removed from my RSS feed. But from the site my RSS feed is kept I can view a history of the files I have download.

So if I needed to I can re-add file "A101" to my RSS feed. My issue here is that when I re-add a file that has been downloaded with SABnzbd it is not detected, even if I do a manual check of my RSS feed SABnzbd just tells me the feed is empty.

I can do a work around my downloading the nzb file manually from my feed and using the Add NZB file in SABnzbd to re-download the file. But this takes extra time to download multiple nzb files to then manual add them.

Is their a setting that I have over looked that I can set so it will detected these files and re-download them? sometimes I will add these files to my feed when away from my system with SABnzbd so the files wont download till I return to that machine to do it manually.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: RSS - Allow Same File Download?

Post by safihre »

I think if you click "Clear Downloaded" on the feed, it will now fetch them again.
You might also want to disable the duplicate detection in Config > Switches.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Anon1789

Post by Anon1789 »

safihre wrote: September 26th, 2018, 4:27 am I think if you click "Clear Downloaded" on the feed, it will now fetch them again.
Ye I have tried using the "Clear Downloaded" bit on the feed, I do this every couple of days. But that does not help, I will look at the section you mentioned for duplicates once I get home. Will let you know how it goes.
td540

Post by td540 »

What's the status of this issue? If I click "Clear Downloaded", nothing happens...
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
td540

Post by td540 »

That still doesn't enable redownloading something. After clicking "Clear Downloaded", how can I redownload it?

The reason is, sometimes Sab downloads stuff via an RSS, that is actually still "incomplete" on nzbindex dot com. So I click "clear downloaded" and I'd assume if I then click "Read feed", the download would appear back in the Matched tab...? But no.

(duplicate detection is off and History Retention is set to Do not keep any completed jobs)

Edit: My current way around is I just delete the whole RSS feed and then add it back. That way the latest items are back available for download.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You should just enable Propagation Delay in Config Switches, this feature is made exactly for the problem you described.
Fill something like 120 minutes.
td540

Post by td540 »

No way!! I've looked for this Propagation Delay option a long time! Excellent! :D