Large delay on unpacking/downloading

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
velvett

Large delay on unpacking/downloading

Post by velvett »

I'm trying to make this project for Apknite company and I looked around a bit for solutions, but most references are from 2008-2012.

I recently moved my SAB to a GCE instance and it's having significant delays whenever it goes to unpack.

This has been going for about 12 minutes. I checked the GCE and it's at ~23% CPU, and 11% I/O. The Container in Portainer is at 7% (Which maybe it's max? I can't really tell, though).

Is there a way to make this a quicker process? (Should I perhaps look into a SAB only server? Would that resolve anything?)

How come the downloads stop when this is going on? It ends up making a queue of ~10 files take over an hour.

I do assume this is a system issue since my personal PC can churn through them no problem, but I am wondering if there are any fixes.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Large delay on unpacking/downloading

Post by safihre »

It might be that it's still decoding articles before it can unpack. Where is the download when it is delayed? In the queue or already in history?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate