Download speeds are very slow, avg 23 kb/s on Fiber internet

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
snds117

Download speeds are very slow, avg 23 kb/s on Fiber internet

Post by snds117 »

Hey folks, I have read a number of threads on this with little success when following some of the solutions, such as reducing both the article volume, rebuilding the queue, only grabbing articles from the top of the queue, and reducing connections to servers.

It's been a while since I used Sabnzbd so I have little to compare to when it comes to how others have had problems (version variances and a then a distinct speed drop off), but I have fiber internet at home, am using the same setup as I had before, running the server on my desktop (32gb of ram, 8700k) and sending everything over a gigabit network to my Drobo 5n which has a 128gb mSata memory expansion card.

I almost always had gotten consistently high speeds on my old 250gb Comcast connection with the exact same setup before I moved to where I am now that has gigabit fiber. I'm getting anywhere from 23kb/s to 212 kb/s.

I've also had this problem on at least 2 newsgroup access providers, Newshosting and Giganews so I can't imagine those are the issue.

I am using Sabnzbd version 2.3.9

Can anyone help?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Download speeds are very slow, avg 23 kb/s on Fiber internet

Post by sander »

Two things:

* keep it local on your server, so no NAS / Drobo
* Wrench symbol -> Test download 100MB and/or 1000MB ... what is the speed?