Enabled windows service for auto restart, lost win notifications

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
myklj

Enabled windows service for auto restart, lost win notifications

Post by myklj »

I wanted SAB to auto restart upon reboot so I enabled the Win service, per instructions under 'Advanced Topics'. So now it restarts fine but I no longer get any Win Notifications for completions, failures, etc. How can I get those notifications back?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Enabled windows service for auto restart, lost win notifications

Post by safihre »

You can't.
When running as a service, it doesn't run as "you" but as a system service. So they can't send notifications or show the tray icon.
To enable auto-start after you login, you can just add a shortcut to SABnzbd in your Start-up folder. But do make sure to remove/disable the Windows service first.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
myklj

Post by myklj »

I removed the service and added it to my Startup (to go alongside the *arrs). It's all good now, got my notifications back. I was going by what was on the SAB page (Advanced Topics). They should add a note on their Win service page stating this issue. And do they give an option switch on install to restart on reboot? They should, I don't recall. Thanks for the response!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yes, during the installer you can select 'Run at startup' and it will do exactly this (place a shortcut in Startup folder).
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate