Duplicate entries in History pane

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
CH9999

Duplicate entries in History pane

Post by CH9999 »

Hi

I don't post to many forums, so I will apologies up front if I am posting this in the wrong area - happy to be be advised differently.

I am also fairly new to configuring SABS/SICKBEARD, albeit a mate set the system up for me around 5 years ago and has pretty much worked flawlessy ever since, so I have had no previous need to tinker with it's configuration during that time.

Can anyone help with the following please?

This happens across many different TV shows/episodes - so, just to take 1 example here..... let's say, I am downloading TVSHOW1, which has 4 episodes, Sabs has downloaded S01.E02 and it has now appeared in the history window with the spinning icon to denote it is being processed.

But, I get multiple entries all showing the same thing? - 1 episode of a TV Show I am downloading has 5 identical entries, where all 5 are being processed simultaneously.

TVHSOW1.S01.E02.title.720p.HDTV

My History pane is getting peppered with all these multiple entries.

I am using SABNZBD 3.2.1 with SICKBEARD (using python 2.7.18) - on a Synology NAS

Any help is much appreciated, especially something that I can follow as a relative newcomer :-)

Thank you
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Duplicate entries in History pane

Post by safihre »

That's a bit vague. Are there also multiple jobs downloading, or is it just in history that they show double?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
CH9999

Post by CH9999 »

Hi Safihre

If there is anything further I can provide that helps, then happy to do so, but, to answer your question - I don't keep an eye on the SABs dashboard as a rule, as I let it get on and do it;s thing in the background...... but, I will try to keep an eye on the download pane for a while to see if I can get a better answer for you.

When I do have a check for any downloads and look at the dashboard, I only see the entries in the history pane up to present and since there are lots of these duplicate entries, I would hope to have seen at least a couple of them in the download pane at some point.

I do notice that when I click on the first entry (of the identicals) - I see
Completed 2021-04-29 17:24:36
When I click on it's subsequent identical entries, I see the same time for the other 4 entries.
Completed 2021-04-29 17:26:53

Regards
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Sounds alot like issue #1861 fixed in a644579 ?
CH9999

Post by CH9999 »

Hi Jcfp

I agree, it does sound very similar.

Looking at the fix a644579 - I'm not quite sure how to implement it?

I can see it's showing code from a NZBQUEUE file, so, do I need to log into my Synology via a putty session, find this file in the directory structure, edit the file and find some element of the listed code and change it to look like what is in the a644579 - presumably then restart Sabnzbd.... and away I go?

Thanks & Regards
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That should be enough indeed!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
CH9999

Post by CH9999 »

Cheers Safihre / Jcfp, much appreciated :-)

Do you know why this has suddenly started happening at all?

Am I likely to need keep applying this fix when Sabs gets updated on my Synology?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The next time Sab is updated, the version will include the fix.