TVbinz.net IRC channel

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

TVbinz.net IRC channel

Post by EnnZeeBee »

Tvbinz.net was down for a few hours recently and now it's working again. I tried to enter the relevant IRC channel to see what the problem was, but it was not possible as I was asked for the correct key in order to join the channel. Has the key been changed since a few months ago when the site went private?  ???
Thanks for any clarification.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: TVbinz.net IRC channel

Post by rollingeyeball »

I'm not a member, but i try to idle in case I could be a member and the key seems to have changed =/
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

rollingeyeball, I a bit confused by your comment. Why do you say that the key seems to have changed? If you actually knew what the key is/was wouldn't you have entered the channel anyway and become a member?
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

I shouldn't have said 'seems'. The key has changed.

I enter it periodically, but registration was always closed.
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

Thanks for the clarification. How were you informed about the change? The reason that I'm asking is because I used to enter the channel in the beginning, but after a few weeks I stopped going there since I had (and still do have) access to the website. Now, it appears that I have no means to enter the channel, should there ever be a need to contact any of the people in charge. This is a little frustrating for me.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

I was informed when the key didn't work =/

Isn't there a PM system of some sort you can use?
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

I don't see any way to contact either the persons running the IRC channel or via the website. To get access to the channel I would need the key, but the key that I knew has changed. It's a dead end for me.  :(
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

If it was me, I'd look through old logfiles of the channel and randomly, but without spamming - PM people until someone was kind enough to tell me the new key.
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

Thank you for the suggestion and your patience in replying. I don't know if the log that you mention can be viewed by anybody without having first to join the IRC channel. Is there indeed a way to see the log of visitors to channels that are locked for access by a key? Even so, how would I be able to contact them?
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

I was referring to logfiles saved by your IRC client. And you could message them on IRC also
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

Thanks for this hint too. Unfortunately, no joy. I didn't find any logs. I have this feature inactive...

So, basically I'm locked out. :( :(
Hecks

Post by Hecks »

FYI, if you can login to the site the channel key is always listed in the News & Changelog section at top of About page (and the chan is #tvnzb @ EFNet, not #tvbinz).
Last edited by Hecks on December 13th, 2009, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duffman

Post by Duffman »

Ok secret society guys what is TVbinz.net and why do i want access even though im sure i "can't" get it?
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

The 88th? rule of TVbinz is that no mothers may be in attendance unless it is the third annual mothers convention at LasVegas and the TVBinz meet is also there. If this applies mothers may indeed be allowed entry but only if conditions 35.1a through 38.1a are met wholly.

The 89th rule is that no-one can tell you the information you are looking for. The truth is - this is not the information you are looking for.

:P

Enough of that :D. TVBinz is 'just another' nzb indexing site. Some people have said to me it's better than some others because it's what i would call 'cleaner'.
I'm not a member so i really can't speak for it though.

Hecks, will membership ever been open again?
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

Hecks, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am very grateful to you for the information. I was desperate in the last few weeks, because I thought I had lost the means to access the IRC channel.

Again, a very big thank you for the hint.