Sabnzbd 0.4

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
deedwar

Sabnzbd 0.4

Post by deedwar »

Hello,  any chance on getting a prebuilt version of Sabnzbd 0.4 something around the lines of a nightly build for windows.  I have tried to build it myself but cant get yenc to build and install into python. 

Thanks for a great program that really makes my downloading much easier.
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sabnzbd 0.4

Post by DeXeS »

Installing yenc is easy. Just download yENC:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=568897
unzip it and open a command prompt (dos prompt). In the command prompt, go to the directory you unzipped yenc an type in:

Code: Select all

python setup.py install
That's all ;D

Also in the yenc zip file there is a readme...
deedwar

Post by deedwar »

Thanks for the reply but when i try that i get the error

running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

I've Gone as far as to install Cygwin and trying and that and even installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (didnt have 2003) and still get the same error.
deedwar

Post by deedwar »

Ok finally found a solution to my problem just incase anyone else is having an issue also...

Easiest way is to install MinGW and leave all defaults or change where needed

* Download last release from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw  (MinGW-5.1.3.exe)
* Run the file to start the installation process
* Keep all values at their defaults and select at least these components:
          o MinGW base tools
          o g++ compiler
          o MinGW Make
* Add the C:\mingw\bin directory to the system PATH by typing "Path=c:\MinGW\bin" without quotes.

Also had an issue when trying to run the sabnzbd.py where it complained about not having the gzip module and this is because i added the latest cherry i think and i just opened the cherry file that came with sab and copied the py files in "lib" to the "python\lib" dir.

Then all worked.
deedwar

Post by deedwar »

Alright well i sorted everything out but im curious if anyone knows why when i build Sabnzbd by using the command python setup.py py2exe and after it builds and seems to have done so without any errors that i load it up and the theme doesnt seem to work, even in config it doesnt have the option to change the colour scheme, but if i just run the SABnzbd.py command without building it it all works fine, the theme has the colours all working and the config had the colour scheme all there.
switch

Post by switch »

So it is building using the old template files? Delete the dist and build folders and try again. Or just try again from a clean directory.

Btw please don't post any builds on the forums as we can't support them.
deedwar

Post by deedwar »

Tried what you said switch and it didnt help but then figured i would just try copying the files from the interface directory across to the dist directory replaying as they go and it fixed the issue,  not sure what the go was but happy now.  And thanks i do appreciate your help eventhough it hasnt even been released yet.
noice

Post by noice »

Hi, I need some help too to build yEnc on WIndows...

With just Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 installed I get:

error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat
If I use mingw32 (see: http://stackoverflow.com/a/5051281 for install steps) I get:

C:\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\Python27\include -IC:\Python27\PC -c src/_yenc.c -o build\temp.win32-2.7\Release\src\_yenc.o -O2 -g
cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-mno-cygwin'
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
Why should mingw32 understand a cygwin option? That's absurd.

If I install Microsoft Visual C++ Express 2008, I get:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GS- /DNDEBUG -IC:\Python27\include -IC:\Python27\PC /Tcsrc/_yenc.c /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.7\Release\src/_yenc.obj -O2 -gcl : Ligne de commande warning D9002 : option '-g' inconnue ignorée _yenc.c
d:\myworkingdir\sabnzbd\python-modules\yenc-0.4.0\src\_yenc.h(24) : fatal error C1083: Im possible d'ouvrir le fichier include : 'unistd.h' : No such file or directory
error: command '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\cl.exe"' failed with exit status 2
Why would yEnc requires unistd.h (UNIX) whereas I'm on Windows? One more absurdity.

This yEnc stuff is really annoying. It would be great if someone updates the http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/windows-source tutorial with the exact steps and pre-requisites to build yEnc.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Don't hijack this old SAB 0.4 thread; start your own thread.
noice

Post by noice »

I like hijacking, especially when the problem is 5 years old :) The issue is not relative to SABnzbd but to yEnc, who has not evolved.
Well, I don't really care building yenc after all so I won't start a new thread just for that. You can forget about my issue.

Btw, I discovered yEnc is not compilable with Visual Studio. It uses fcntl() (that comes from unistd.h), that it uses in yenc-defined writable() and readable() function to test if the Python-passed files it intends to write in are readable/writable.
Indeed, there's a source comment from the author on _yenc.c : " * Todo: provide alternatives for this to work on win32"... Weel, to be done. For those who wants to have fun... it would probably be easier to catch errors than using those functions. For my part, I'll end up here.
noice

Post by noice »

Well, indeed, I've not let that alone.

I've developed a modified yEnc for Python that supports Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 :o

And it works. And it's there: https://bitbucket.org/kriswebdev/python ... l-unix/src
To download, just go the DOwnload tab ( https://bitbucket.org/kriswebdev/python ... /downloads ), click on "Branch" and then zip.

Wiki edited: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/windows-source