Free Newsservers

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Gigahertz21
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: June 19th, 2011, 3:27 am

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by Gigahertz21 » August 16th, 2011, 12:37 am

Hey Vyp3R I got my ipv6 setup but couldn't get test.news-service.com working, it wants a user name and password and when I go to enter something greater then 6 characters like you said, it just says invalid in sabnzbd. According to (http://www.appelboor.com:8888/report.html) it says test.news-service.com looks good for status so it should work right?

I also couldn't get reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl to work (EDIT) Never mind, I saw that you mentioned you must have a name and pass for this server to work now.


I got these to work though, it says connection successful in sabnzbd when I hit test.

1. news.readfreenews.net (EDIT) I tried dling a couple days old NZB with this one and it didn't work so I guess it doesn't support binaries, just text only
2. newszilla6.xs4all.nl (Downloaded a NZB and worked fine)

User avatar
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 6754
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by sander » August 19th, 2011, 1:25 am

In addition to @Vyp3R's post, I would like to say:

A plain Windows Vista/7, with Microsoft Security Essentials (and NOT other anti-virus software / firewalls), with a plain Internet connection (just NAT, no corporate proxy) should have a under-water working IPv6 connection. Test via http://test-ipv6.com/ . No need to install tunnel software and/or choose a tunnel provider.
FWIW: I'm typing this on a plain Windows 7 system, and http://test-ipv6.com/ says "Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:e...".
With this under-water IPv6, SABnzbd can reach IPv6-only newsserver like newszilla6.xs4all.nl

On Ubuntu Linux, a "sudo apt-get install miredo" should be enough to get IPv6 working. For Mac OSX, get the driver here: http://www.deepdarc.com/miredo-osx/

FYI: this IPv6 method is called miredo/teredo.

Gigahertz21
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: June 19th, 2011, 3:27 am

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by Gigahertz21 » August 20th, 2011, 12:59 am

sander wrote:In addition to @Vyp3R's post, I would like to say:

A plain Windows Vista/7, with Microsoft Security Essentials (and NOT other anti-virus software / firewalls), with a plain Internet connection (just NAT, no corporate proxy) should have a under-water working IPv6 connection. Test via http://test-ipv6.com/ . No need to install tunnel software and/or choose a tunnel provider.
FWIW: I'm typing this on a plain Windows 7 system, and http://test-ipv6.com/ says "Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:e...".
With this under-water IPv6, SABnzbd can reach IPv6-only newsserver like newszilla6.xs4all.nl

On Ubuntu Linux, a "sudo apt-get install miredo" should be enough to get IPv6 working. For Mac OSX, get the driver here: http://www.deepdarc.com/miredo-osx/

FYI: this IPv6 method is called miredo/teredo.
I'm confused, the only way to get a IPv6 address from my understanding on Windows Vista/7 is to either get one from your ISP if you are so lucky too, or install tunnel software from a provider. Most of us have to go through a tunnel provider so I'm not sure why you say, "No need to install tunnel software and/or choose a tunnel provider."

User avatar
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 6754
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by sander » August 20th, 2011, 1:41 am

Gigahertz21 wrote:
sander wrote:In addition to @Vyp3R's post, I would like to say:

A plain Windows Vista/7, with Microsoft Security Essentials (and NOT other anti-virus software / firewalls), with a plain Internet connection (just NAT, no corporate proxy) should have a under-water working IPv6 connection. Test via http://test-ipv6.com/ . No need to install tunnel software and/or choose a tunnel provider.
FWIW: I'm typing this on a plain Windows 7 system, and http://test-ipv6.com/ says "Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:e...".
With this under-water IPv6, SABnzbd can reach IPv6-only newsserver like newszilla6.xs4all.nl

On Ubuntu Linux, a "sudo apt-get install miredo" should be enough to get IPv6 working. For Mac OSX, get the driver here: http://www.deepdarc.com/miredo-osx/

FYI: this IPv6 method is called miredo/teredo.
I'm confused, the only way to get a IPv6 address from my understanding on Windows Vista / 7 is to either get one from your ISP if you are so lucky too, or install tunnel software from a provider. Most of us have to go through a tunnel provider so I'm not sure why you say, "No need to install tunnel software and/or choose a tunnel provider."
Well, it's exactly like I said. :)

So, did you visit http://test-ipv6.com/ with your Windows Vista/& and check what that site says about your IPv6 ...?

Gigahertz21
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: June 19th, 2011, 3:27 am

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by Gigahertz21 » August 20th, 2011, 5:25 pm

sander wrote:Well, it's exactly like I said. :)

So, did you visit http://test-ipv6.com/ with your Windows Vista/& and check what that site says about your IPv6 ...?
Yeah 0/10 until I run the tunneling software to get an IPv6 address...if you are not running tunneling software to get a IPv6 address then whoever your ISP is must be giving you an IPv6 address. I'm in the U.S. on Qwest DSL so of course I don't have an IPv6 address, I don't think any of the major ISP's in the U.S. are giving out IPv6 addresses to home users yet.

You are wrong when you say, "No need to install tunnel software and/or choose a tunnel provider," because YES most people need to in order to get a IPv6 address. I think you are confused on how IP addresses work or something, yes windows vista/7 have built in IPv6 support but that doesn't mean you will automatically get an IPv6 address. You have to get one from your ISP or use tunneling software.

User avatar
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 6754
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by sander » August 21st, 2011, 12:23 am

Gigahertz21 wrote:
sander wrote:Well, it's exactly like I said. :)

So, did you visit http://test-ipv6.com/ with your Windows Vista/& and check what that site says about your IPv6 ...?
Yeah 0/10 until I run the tunneling software to get an IPv6 address...if you are not running tunneling software to get a IPv6 address then whoever your ISP is must be giving you an IPv6 address. I'm in the U.S. on Qwest DSL so of course I don't have an IPv6 address, I don't think any of the major ISP's in the U.S. are giving out IPv6 addresses to home users yet.

You are wrong when you say, "No need to install tunnel software and/or choose a tunnel provider," because YES most people need to in order to get a IPv6 address. I think you are confused on how IP addresses work or something, yes windows vista/7 have built in IPv6 support but that doesn't mean you will automatically get an IPv6 address. You have to get one from your ISP or use tunneling software.
No, I am not wrong and I am not confused. Read my earlier post http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php ... 255#p53567 . If that doesn't work for you, that can be caused by one of the reasons I mentioned (in short: non-MS-network-software like virus-scanner or firewall).

A lot of my friends are using this built-in IPv6 on their plain Windows vista/7 systems to download from IPv6-only newsserver (newszilla6, xsnews, and in the earlier days eweka).

User avatar
Vyp3R
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: May 25th, 2011, 11:53 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by Vyp3R » September 11th, 2011, 5:00 pm

sander wrote:No, I am not wrong...
Sorry to say, but I agree with Gigahertz21 on this.

You cannot access IPv6 addresses unless your ISP has that functionality, no matter if Windows Vista/7 is capable or not (which I know it is).

Myself, I have: Windows 7 x64 with MS Security Essentials installed. No other virus program, obviously. And just using the standard vanilla firewall that comes with Windows. Also the OS has only been installed for just over a month now as I just did a fresh one. And yes, my connection has Internet Protocol version 6 ticked in the Network and Sharing Center.

I go to your page to check IPv6 connection - "bubkis", "nadda", "zip", "zero", "no go"... (I think you get the picture.)

I turn on the tunnel - I get the IPv6 address.

Obviously, Windows looks for the address down my Internet connection, then to my ISP, and well, "borks".

A friend of mine with same Windows and MSSE but different ISP, but they don't have IPv6 enabled either, has the same outcome.

Work that one out.

User avatar
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 6754
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by sander » September 11th, 2011, 5:34 pm

Interesting (ignoring some of your language).

Short: can you post the output of "netsh interface teredo show state" and post it here?

And: To see the Teredo Interface in the Device Manager, open the Device manager > View > Show hidden devices > then expand "Network adapters"

Long:

My Windows 7 has MS Security Essentials, has NO extra/external IPv6 tunnel or software, my ISP does not use nor offer IPv6, my DSL modem does not use nor offer IPv6. Still http://test-ipv6.com/ says "Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:3c9:1c8:3c0e:7725 Your IPv6 service appears to be: Teredo" and my ipconfig shows my IPv6 address (see below).

And that's a my father's and most of my friends' computers.

So there must other parameters that can disable Win7's built in Teredo IPv6. My experience so far:
  • The original teredo spec says it can't handle one of the three kinds of NAT types (but I thought that had been taken care of in Win 7.)
    Installing VMware disabled teredo IPv6
    A lot of non-MS firewalls and virusscanners disable teredo IPv6

Code: Select all

C:\>netsh interface teredo show state
Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type                    : client
Server Name             : teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds
Client Port             : unspecified
State                   : qualified
Client Type             : teredo client
Network                 : unmanaged
NAT                     : restricted
NAT Special Behaviour   : UPNP: Yes, PortPreserving: Yes
Local Mapping           : 192.168.1.53:57655
External NAT Mapping    : 175.24.13.1:57655


C:\>

C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration


Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : home
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::84be:5258:2d0:681e%13
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.53
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Tunnel adapter isatap.home:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : home

Tunnel adapter isatap.{4C3A8814-6811-45DA-9E09-43D529E2C974}:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:3c9:1c8:3c0e:7725
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3c9:1c8:3c0e:7725%14
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

C:\>

Gigahertz21
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: June 19th, 2011, 3:27 am

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by Gigahertz21 » September 13th, 2011, 3:33 am

sander wrote:Interesting (ignoring some of your language).

Short: can you post the output of "netsh interface teredo show state" and post it here?

And: To see the Teredo Interface in the Device Manager, open the Device manager > View > Show hidden devices > then expand "Network adapters"

Long:

My Windows 7 has MS Security Essentials, has NO extra/external IPv6 tunnel or software, my ISP does not use nor offer IPv6, my DSL modem does not use nor offer IPv6. Still http://test-ipv6.com/ says "Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:3c9:1c8:3c0e:7725 Your IPv6 service appears to be: Teredo" and my ipconfig shows my IPv6 address (see below).

And that's a my father's and most of my friends' computers.

So there must other parameters that can disable Win7's built in Teredo IPv6. My experience so far:
  • The original teredo spec says it can't handle one of the three kinds of NAT types (but I thought that had been taken care of in Win 7.)
    Installing VMware disabled teredo IPv6
    A lot of non-MS firewalls and virusscanners disable teredo IPv6

Code: Select all

C:\>netsh interface teredo show state
Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type                    : client
Server Name             : teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds
Client Port             : unspecified
State                   : qualified
Client Type             : teredo client
Network                 : unmanaged
NAT                     : restricted
NAT Special Behaviour   : UPNP: Yes, PortPreserving: Yes
Local Mapping           : 192.168.1.53:57655
External NAT Mapping    : 175.24.13.1:57655


C:\>

C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration


Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : home
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::84be:5258:2d0:681e%13
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.53
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Tunnel adapter isatap.home:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : home

Tunnel adapter isatap.{4C3A8814-6811-45DA-9E09-43D529E2C974}:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:3c9:1c8:3c0e:7725
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3c9:1c8:3c0e:7725%14
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

C:\>
I'm running Windows Vista 32bit on my laptop, so not sure then why mine doesn't work, here is a screen shot of my network adapters. I have no software firewalls, just a virus scanner, the free Microsoft Security Essentials.

http://screencast.com/t/PMhMUGhYh

Here is the output from cmd prompt, I noticed mine says dormant for the "State" and is different from yours in several other fields.

Code: Select all

>netsh interface teredo show state
Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type                    : default
Server Name             : teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds
Client Port             : unspecified
State                   : dormant
Client Type             : teredo client
Network                 : unmanaged
NAT                     : none (global connectivity)


User avatar
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 6754
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by sander » September 13th, 2011, 5:09 am

@Gigahertz21

What kind of IPv6-addresses does your "ipconfig" show: fe80:.., 2001:0:..., 2002:... and/or any other IPv6 addresses? Maybe best to post your full ipconfig output; I also want to know if you're behind a NAT device at all, which can be seen by your IPv4 address: private (192..., 10,...) means behind NAT, public addresses means no NAT.
When you fill out "newszilla6.xs4all.nl" as a server in SABnzbd (http://localhost:8080/config/server/), and press "Test Server", what do you get?

And just checking: http://test-ipv6.com/ does show your IPv4 address, but a 0/10 score at IPv6?

Maybe time to start a separate thread about SAB and built-in IPv6 (teredo/miredo or 6to4/6over4)

Gigahertz21
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: June 19th, 2011, 3:27 am

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by Gigahertz21 » September 13th, 2011, 3:38 pm

sander wrote:@Gigahertz21

What kind of IPv6-addresses does your "ipconfig" show: fe80:.., 2001:0:..., 2002:... and/or any other IPv6 addresses? Maybe best to post your full ipconfig output; I also want to know if you're behind a NAT device at all, which can be seen by your IPv4 address: private (192..., 10,...) means behind NAT, public addresses means no NAT.
When you fill out "newszilla6.xs4all.nl" as a server in SABnzbd (http://localhost:8080/config/server/), and press "Test Server", what do you get?

And just checking: http://test-ipv6.com/ does show your IPv4 address, but a 0/10 score at IPv6?

Maybe time to start a separate thread about SAB and built-in IPv6 (teredo/miredo or 6to4/6over4)

Yes, I get a 0/10 score for IPv6. I have a D-link DIR-655 router so yes I'm behind a NAT.

Here is my ipconfig /all output:

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

   Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : J-Laptop
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-3A-88-F8-9B
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::422:a75c:4c99:1f4a%12(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.188(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:27:13 AM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:27:13 AM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 285220666
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-0F-B0-3D-02-00-1F-3A-88-F8-9B

   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:3889:a1:b82c:c082(Prefer
red)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3889:a1:b82c:c082%9(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{E3326B5E-5C74-455F-90D5-2F7492520
BCC}
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes


Also ran the "route print" command:

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

>route print
===========================================================================
Interface List
 12 ...00 1f 3a 88 f8 9b ...... Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter
  1 ........................... Software Loopback Interface 1
  9 ...02 00 54 55 4e 01 ...... Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
 15 ...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0  isatap.{E3326B5E-5C74-455F-90D5-2F7492520BCC}
===========================================================================

IPv4 Route Table
===========================================================================
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      192.168.0.2    192.168.0.188     25
        127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  127.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
      192.168.0.0    255.255.255.0         On-link     192.168.0.188    281
    192.168.0.188  255.255.255.255         On-link     192.168.0.188    281
    192.168.0.255  255.255.255.255         On-link     192.168.0.188    281
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link     192.168.0.188    281
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link     192.168.0.188    281
===========================================================================
Persistent Routes:
  None

IPv6 Route Table
===========================================================================
Active Routes:
 If Metric Network Destination      Gateway
  9     18 ::/0                     On-link
  1    306 ::1/128                  On-link
  9     18 2001::/32                On-link
  9    266 2001:0:4137:9e76:3889:a1:b82c:c082/128
                                    On-link
 12    281 fe80::/64                On-link
  9    266 fe80::/64                On-link
 12    281 fe80::422:a75c:4c99:1f4a/128
                                    On-link
  9    266 fe80::3889:a1:b82c:c082/128
                                    On-link
  1    306 ff00::/8                 On-link
  9    266 ff00::/8                 On-link
 12    281 ff00::/8                 On-link
===========================================================================
Persistent Routes:
  None


User avatar
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 6754
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by sander » September 13th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Have you seen "IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:3889:a1:b82c:c082" in your ipconfig. It's a teredo address, so somehow that's working. I don't know why you have no IPv6 access to the outside world.

EDIT: tracert does NOT work.

User avatar
Vyp3R
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: May 25th, 2011, 11:53 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by Vyp3R » September 14th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Sorry about the language, I'm Australian. We say stuff like that but not to offend.

Anyway, this is what I get:

The test page:

Code: Select all

Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be 116.240.***.**

No IPv6 address detected 
Querying Teredo on my system:

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\>netsh interface teredo show state
Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type                    : client
Server Name             : teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds
Client Port             : unspecified
State                   : qualified
Client Type             : teredo client
Network                 : unmanaged
NAT                     : restricted
NAT Special Behaviour   : UPNP: Yes, PortPreserving: Yes
Local Mapping           : 192.168.1.64:55932
External NAT Mapping    : 116.240.152.69:55932


C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration


Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : lan
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::f01c:fb6:1bc:3bb5%11
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.64
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5d1e:156d:d85b:19aa%10
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter isatap.lan:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : lan

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:14fe:2583:8b0f:67ba
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::14fe:2583:8b0f:67ba%14
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Tunnel adapter isatap.{44289606-2B4C-48BE-850B-10041E936D75}:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

C:\>
Edit:
I did the tracert as well but that just times out.
So the system is fine, it just gets lost on the way there.

User avatar
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 6754
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by sander » September 15th, 2011, 12:44 am

@Vyp3R

Did you notice the 2001:0: teredo address in your ipconfig? I guess that's good. Now find out why your browser does show any IPv6.

I checked tracert on a Win7 machine that has teredo ipv6 active, and ... tracert to an IPv6 address does not work. I tried to find other IPv6 enabled network tools for Windows (like mtr, curl, wget), but I can't find any.

So, then a poor man's test:

Can you "ping ::1"
Can you ping your own teredo IPv6 address shown in your ipconfig, so "ping 2001:0: ..."
Can you "ping 2a00:1450:8005::63"

My Win7 system's output:

Code: Select all

C:\>ping ::1

Pinging ::1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from ::1: time<1ms
Reply from ::1: time<1ms
Reply from ::1: time<1ms
Reply from ::1: time<1ms

Ping statistics for ::1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

C:\>ping 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:14df:4:3c0e:3274

Pinging 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:14df:4:3c0e:3274 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:14df:4:3c0e:3274: time<1ms
Reply from 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:14df:4:3c0e:3274: time<1ms
Reply from 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:14df:4:3c0e:3274: time<1ms
Reply from 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:14df:4:3c0e:3274: time<1ms

Ping statistics for 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:14df:4:3c0e:3274:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

C:\>

C:\>ping 2a00:1450:8005::63

Pinging 2a00:1450:8005::63 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2a00:1450:8005::63: time=118ms
Reply from 2a00:1450:8005::63: time=23ms
Reply from 2a00:1450:8005::63: time=25ms
Reply from 2a00:1450:8005::63: time=25ms

Ping statistics for 2a00:1450:8005::63:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 23ms, Maximum = 118ms, Average = 47ms

C:\>

User avatar
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 6754
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: Free Newsservers

Post by sander » September 15th, 2011, 11:21 am

I've created a separate "SABnzbd and built-in IPv6 (teredo/miredo)" on http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8830

Probably better to continue our IPv6 discussion there. As soon as the IPv6 works, we can return here to discuss the free newsserver newszilla6.xs4all.nl

Post Reply