Newzbin gets a letter from the MPA(A) [sic]

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Ludicrum

Re: Newzbin gets a letter from the MPA(A) [sic]

Post by Ludicrum »

Everything seems to be up in the air at the moment. No new info as to Newzbin's course of action. Still, it seems like its less a question of if Newzbin will get rid of reports, but when. It's going to truly suck when they do. I too had topped off for an entire year at Christmas. It was the first time I'd ever done that in 3 years too.

Previous years I thought "Newzbin may not be around next month. I'd better stick to topping up bi-monthly just in case." Ironic that this should happen after I finally lower my guard and top up for a year in advance.
neilt0

Post by neilt0 »

I also did a 12 month top up for the first time at Xmas, but as it was half price and we're half way through the year, it's not like  we're losing out.
neilt0

Post by neilt0 »

KaiUno

Post by KaiUno »

About the curbing, I'm guessing it's only the usenet servers from the ISP themselves.

About Newzbin... Looks like they removed the spotters names from the posts, thus solving the problem. It's anonymous now, so the MPAA can't point fingers at individual spotters.
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

KaiUno wrote: About the curbing, I'm guessing it's only the usenet servers from the ISP themselves.
And if they are going to check what everybody is downloading from one of the many payserver, there is always SSL  ;D
woody72

Post by woody72 »

know what u mean about being spoiled for years - same here i have found this alternative to use while i wait for an invite http://www.ngindex.com/posts.php?search ... atingopt=A ny&rating=1&postid=12  it's not quite as simple but it'll do for now anyone willing to invite will get an e-hug tia!