Solved! Strange? Sabnzbd 0.5.6 were ignoring some subfolders in watch folder?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
loopdemack

Solved! Strange? Sabnzbd 0.5.6 were ignoring some subfolders in watch folder?

Post by loopdemack »

Strange? Sabnzbd 0.5.6 were ignoring some subfolders in watch folder?

For example
base watch folder
incoming/watch/
the below is listing with owners and permissions of watch folder subfolders:
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 14:27 DVDR                                                                                                   │
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 14:27 TV                                                                                                     │
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 14:28 MUSIC                                                                                                  │
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 14:31 XviD.BRrip                                                                                             │
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 14:32 CARTOON                                                                                                *
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 14:32 APPZ                                                                                                   │
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 14:32 XVID                                                                                                   │
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 14:32 PC                                                                                                     │
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 14:39 HD-x264                                                                                                │
│drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data    4096 Apr 26 15:54 magacin_collection

The subfolder PC, Appz and CARTOON were ignored and nzb files inside those watch folders were ignored.
If I move those nzb files in other watch subfolder it would be imported normally.

Whats the reason for this behavior in Sabnzbd 0.5.6?
Last edited by loopdemack on April 26th, 2011, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Strange? Sabnzbd 0.5.6 were ignoring some subfolders in watch folder?

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd *only* checks folders that match a category name.
NZB files in such a folder will be automatically given the matching category.
loopdemack

Re: Strange? Sabnzbd 0.5.6 were ignoring some subfolders in watch folder?

Post by loopdemack »

OK I see where is the problem, I attached two pictures one categories.png which is showing how it looked and categories_fixed.png when I fixed the categories to match folder names.

I thought that I need to make subfolders in watch folders which were matching the real life category folders in the incoming base folder.

Now I see that sabnzbd is comparing the watch subfolders with just category names.

I think now that you should change the explanation on the wiki page about that, I mean to make it more clear. because People like to give one name for category and to use diffrent name in the path, like me.

It would be better if watcher would look at names of subfolders and to find such folders based on the real path, not by the category name.

But its important that I found out whats the problem, I could live with such category names.