Sab + Couchpotato + SickBeard should be just one app

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
berkz

Sab + Couchpotato + SickBeard should be just one app

Post by berkz »

I've recently set up these 3 programs and through the whole process I've just been thinking... This should just be one single app. Are there any apps out there that handle.. automatically finding ... downloading and sorting tv-shows and movies?
scotepi

Re: Sab + Couchpotato + SickBeard should be just one app

Post by scotepi »

They all handle there specific tasks vary well and efficiently. Being different projects allows people to put them together however they see fit.

Granted, it would be nice to see a XAMPP/EasyPHP implementation of all of them. It shouldn't even be that hard to do, I know SAB and SB run on python
berkz

Post by berkz »

Well that's kind of what i'm saying they're all seemingly built on the same foundations. Shouldn't be too hard to mix them together and make something a lot easier to setup and handle.
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

Not everyone uses Sickbeard or Couch Potato. They should remain seperate to SAB to keep it's footprint down.
It would be like bundling MS Powerpoint, Excel, Onenote, Publisher, Outlook and Access into Word. All pointless if Word is all you want/need.
scotepi

Post by scotepi »

If it was one package then you can pick and chose what you want to use. It would be nice (idk if its possible) to have them all run all on the same port too. so you could do localhost:8080/sabnzbd/ localhost:8080/sickbeard/ etc.. you would still need top level files for api calls and stuff.
jords12

Post by jords12 »

I have them all running like that - I use a nginx web server, and proxy off the directories to the different services. So / serves mediafrontpage through fastcgi php, /couch/ serves couchpotato, etc. Works pretty well. Happy to post my config file if someone wants it. You do need to set the baseurl for some of the programs so that the links don't break.
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

One option that could simulate all three (and more if they're ever devoloped) running as one, would to have an option in each programs config to create new buttons/tabs that would open the other application url's.
berkz

Post by berkz »

would be cool if someone would post a package of all 3 apps already setup to work with each other and a script to handle user specific setup options like usenet server access etc.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

berkz wrote:I've recently set up these 3 programs and through the whole process I've just been thinking... This should just be one single app.
Not happening. There's no reason to do it. They work perfectly fine together as-is, and everyone doesn't want all three (or four if you count Headphones). There's no reason to foist a whole new set of dependencies on everyone.

Now, if someone wanted to go out and make some sort of meta-package that glues all the bits together, nothing's stopping you. So long as you obey all the various licenses.
berkz wrote:Are there any apps out there that handle.. automatically finding ... downloading and sorting tv-shows and movies?
Nope. And I doubt there will be one. Each part is a pretty huge task to pull off right on its own.