iSABnzbd (SABnzbd on Jailbroken IOS device)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
MrYuuZA

Re: iSABnzbd (SABnzbd on Jailbroken IOS device)

Post by MrYuuZA »

Jypy wrote:iSABnzbd updated to 0.7.5 :)
Thanks so much Jypy, i remember seeing your announcement about starting this many moons ago and here we are with such a stable release :).

Glad i waited all this while ;D

Cheers and take care
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Thanks MrYuuZA!

Btw, I've updated iSABnzbd to 0.7.6 :)
dinlaca

Post by dinlaca »

Great programs. Loved them on my JB'd iPhone 4S.

But, I am transitioning to Android (and my newly received Nexus 4). Do you have any plans to port iSABnzbd (and iCouchPotato and iSickBeard) to Android (i.e., as servers for the Android platform)? If yes, your planned timing? If not, then care to point an interested someone (me) in the right direction re: how to compile these for Android?

Thanks in advance.
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Version 0.7.7 released.
I've updated iCouchpotato as well to 2.0.1.1!

Enjoy :)

Ps. For now, I won't develop any Android version, sorry. I've tried in the past, but it seems to be quite complicated, and all those Android versions, custom roms, etc... doesn't make it easier!
I'm not saying that it's not possible, but for now, I don't have nor time & neither Android device....
dinlaca

Post by dinlaca »

Love the updates, and the new pieces to the puzzle (iLazyLibrarian, iMylar, iHeadphones).

Sooo many servers, though, and with the demise of Qouch, no decent app that I can find that gives me a nice GUI to manage all of those (now) 6 servers. Any recommendations/thoughts about such app(s)? Unless, of course, I set up all of the other servers to feed iSABnzbd, and then just use a GUI front end on that one (I know of a bunch - thoughts on the best?).

As far as Android, I understand your issue re: fragmentation. Maybe one way to dip your toe in the water would be to collaborate with a current Android developer. Right now, THE nzb Android app is PowerNZB, and I believe that the developer is French (or at least, has a French name). To the extent that you wanted to dip your toe in and expand your user base without getting caught up in the details of Android program development, such a collaboration would be a win-win for all (as I am seeing from recent developments in PowerNZB that that developer is trying to expand beyond being a pure SABnzbd replacement).

My two cents. And, thanks for the AWESOME set of iOS apps (still used on my iPad, even though I have migrated away from iPhone to Android for phone).
xephrey

Post by xephrey »

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this stuff, so bare with me. I tried this bit of software out yesterday and have run into a couple pretty big problems. First, upon entering in all my settings, I noticed that my RSS feed had a bunch of weird stuff in it that I had never added previously. I put down my iPhone and thought I'd figure it out later. I thought I had shut down sabnzbd, but apparently I didn't. The next time I looked at my phone, there were only a couple megabytes free down from 16 gigs. I never changed the default complete / incomplete download address, so I figured I could just go in with iFile and delete all the junk. After doing that there was no difference in free space. Any tips?

Thanks guys.
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

iSABnzbd, iSickbeard, iCouchpotato, iMylar, iHeadPhones updated!

Hope you enjoy them :)
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

iSABnzbd updated to 0.7.17!
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

iSABnzbd, iCouchpotato, iSickBeard, iMylar, iHeadphones updated.
New Cydia repo guide for IOS7.
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Hi all,

I've updated iSABnzbd, iCouchpotato, iSickBeard, iMylar & iHeadphones.

More info on http://jypy.eu

Cheers.
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Hi all,

all apps have been updated and I've added new icons/splash screen for iphone 6 & 6+

More info on http://jypy.eu
dfkinca

Post by dfkinca »

Will you be updating this for new SABnzbd version and iOS 9.3.3 ?

I just installed iSABnzbd on jailbroken iPad Pro running 9.3.3, and it's not working (I.e., after clicking on iSABnzbd icon to start server, browsing with safari or chrome to localhost:8080 or 127.0.0.1:8080 does not connect to server, so I cannot run configuration wizard).

Thanks for letting me know.

P.S. Happy to donate for revised version, if you provide donation link.
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Hi,

I'm aware about the problem on latest iOS. The thing is the only jailbroken device I have now is an iphone 4. So I can't test with iOS8/9 yet.
But anyway from the last users report I had, it looks like it was a python problem, not related to sabnzbd directly. If it's still the case, I'm not sure I'll be able to fix it.

As soon as I can get a recent jailbroken device I'll had a look.
dfkinca

Post by dfkinca »

So it looks like someone over on reddit figured out the fix for Python on 9.3.3: https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comm ... e_ios_933/

Hoping this helps speed up bringing your awesome iSABnzbd up to date.

Thanks.
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Thanks for the info.