iSABnzbd (SABnzbd on Jailbroken IOS device)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Jypy

Re: iSABnzbd (SABnzbd on Jailbroken IOS device)

Post by Jypy »

Hi,

good news, happy to read that!

for Qouch and others clients, use always localhost as host or 127.0.0.1 as IP and default ports are 8080 for sabnzbd, 8081 for Sickbeard, 5050 for Couchpotato (if you have installed the 2.0.0-pre1) or 5000 for Couchpotato v1.

Enjoy :)

PS. which iPad model ?
Mattoligy

Post by Mattoligy »

It's an iPad 3, just took me 36 minutes to repair a 5GB mkv movie, is that normal? :-/ only took 20 minutes to download it lol, guess even the new iPad isn't up to the task huh...

Also wanted to ask, can safari be shut while downloading nzbs etc and does it survive resprings?

Thanks

Edit: Just noticed the log says that 34 articles were malformed and 34 articles were missing, is that why it took so long you think?
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

sorry i haven't tried with file that big :) but it's maybe normal because of the lots of errors you had. And the par2 repairing may consume of lots of CPU and an ipad, even the third one, is not as powerfull as a computer... or maybe you're downloading to an slow external storage ?

yes you can close safari and respring! They will resists :) You have to shut them down by using the shutdown icon on the web interface or a third party program.
Mattoligy

Post by Mattoligy »

No not using external storage! Also, localhost or the ip you mentioned isn't working in Qouch!?
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

ok so that's maybe normal.... try with an other NZB.

Qouch is working fine with the configuration I told you before with SABnzbd and Sickbeard. Send me a screenshot of you Qouch settings to see if there is something wrong... As iCouchpotato is now in version2 we have to wait the Qouch update on appstore to be able to use it!
Mattoligy

Post by Mattoligy »

Never mind, was cos I had ssl enabled :-/ would love to request some features though if I may...

For one it would be very helpful if there could be a statusbar icon to display when Sabnzbd is running and maybe even the same for couch potato and sick beard

Edit: Hey could you not have your script automatically open a chosen app after it starts up sabnzbd instead of just closing? That would be the best way all together and simplest! :-) yea that would be sick
Could it be added to "Start.sh" after

#!/bin/sh
python /Applications/iSABnzbd.app/SABnzbd.py -d

What would I add after this to open say SabMobileHD, maybe...

#!/bin/sh
open -a /var/mobile/Applications/DDE9B238-ED5D-4659-858B-745FC6EF727D/SABmobile HD.app $1

Or can you not run two commands after each other? Do I need to separate them with something?
Swoosh

Post by Swoosh »

Hi Jypy,

First, thanks for your nice work :-)

I've got a problem after the app launch and the screen "the server is starting". After the app is closed, i can't access to http://localhost:8080/ on safari.
Safari says : "Safari ne peut ouvrir la page car la connexion au server est impossible" (yes i'm french ^^).

I'm on iPad 3, IOS 5.1.1 with openSSH installed.

Can you explain me the problem ? O_o

Thank you Jypy
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Salut Swoosh,

merci pour ton message, on va essayer de régler ca! Pourrais-tu essayer de lancer iSABnzbd depuis le ssh ? tu te log et tu lances "su mobile /Applications/iSABnzbd.app/start.sh". Et dis moi si le script retourne des erreurs ...

Merci.
Jypy
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Hi Mattoligy,

for the status bar icon, I will try to create a dylib to enable this feature. It will be my first so it may take some time, and not perfect at the begining....

I've made some tests today trying to start apps from the command line but without success for now. I'll keep trying :)

Jypy
Mattoligy wrote:Never mind, was cos I had ssl enabled :-/ would love to request some features though if I may...

For one it would be very helpful if there could be a statusbar icon to display when Sabnzbd is running and maybe even the same for couch potato and sick beard

Edit: Hey could you not have your script automatically open a chosen app after it starts up sabnzbd instead of just closing? That would be the best way all together and simplest! :-) yea that would be sick
Could it be added to "Start.sh" after

#!/bin/sh

What would I add after this to open say SabMobileHD, maybe...

#!/bin/sh
open -a /var/mobile/Applications/DDE9B238-ED5D-4659-858B-745FC6EF727D/SABmobile HD.app $1

Or can you not run two commands after each other? Do I need to separate them with something?
GeekNL

Post by GeekNL »

Hi JyPy,

i found your awesome sabnzbd for IOS and I'm running it at my 5.1.1 Ipad. Everyhting went very well thanks to your clear explanation and work. This morning I managed to download a few MP3's via Mynzb. The verified/unrarred files finally end up somewhere in a directory /Applications/... . I can start/play them using the IFile explorer for IOS, but do you know if there is a way to let the MP3's be inserted into the Ipad music library?

Thanks for all your splendid work!
Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Hi GeekNL,

Exactly, by default , all downloads goes to /Applications/iSABnzbd.app/Downloads/complete.

Sorry, you can't add your mp3 directly to the music library. Instead you can use an alternative player, like Aceplayer, and move your mp3 in it's documents folder....

Cheers.
Jypy
Swoosh

Post by Swoosh »

Jypy,

Apres test il s'agissait d'un probleme de droits qui n'etaient pas suffisant sur les fichiers suivants :
Sabnzbd.ini
Sabnzbd.ini.bak

Il etait tous les deux en -rw-------, j'ai modifié avec un 777 (un peu barbare je sais...) et ca a fonctionné.
Je ne sais pas par contre pourquoi ils n'avaient pas les droits suffisants...

Une idee ?

Merci pour ton aide :-)
iaTa

Post by iaTa »

Jypy wrote:Sorry, you can't add your mp3 directly to the music library.
iFile and Mewseek can do that.
Brambo1978

Post by Brambo1978 »

Hello, Great work! Thanx, i USD sabnzbd all THE time on my Mac and installed your program on my iPad .

Used THE wizzard etc everything seems to work, but how do i get THE downloads started. Normally i got à nzb file saved to à folder, but i dont kno's how this workshop on my iPad, have ifile installed already!
GeekNL

Post by GeekNL »

Brambo1978 wrote:Hello, Great work! Thanx, i USD sabnzbd all THE time on my Mac and installed your program on my iPad .

Used THE wizzard etc everything seems to work, but how do i get THE downloads started. Normally i got à nzb file saved to à folder, but i dont kno's how this workshop on my iPad, have ifile installed already!
Install MyNzb and search for NZB's. In the queried list you can 'add' them to your download queue. They then should be DL'ed automatically.

BTW, i'm getting lots of empty NZB's, and as a result, nothing is DL'ed. Anyone know a remedy?
Last edited by GeekNL on July 23rd, 2012, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.