Glitter Sparkle Unicorn Skin

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Se7en

Re: Glitter Sparkle Unicorn Skin

Post by Se7en »

safihre wrote:I was thinking of implementing such aa feature when viewed on screens wider than 1500 pixels, since then there is plenty of space.
Sounds promising. I've been using 'smpl' as skin for a bunch of years now, so it took a week or two to get comfy with 'Glitter'. It's kind of sleek and slim but still a bit more design-ish than 'simpl' - me like O0 Looks really good on iPad and on other ~10" sized tablets. Haven't tried it on cell phones just yet. But adding some more features for 24"+ screens would be superb.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Let me know what you're missing for big screens and I would be happy to try add it! For me it already has all the features I need (this skin just started as a side project due to annoyance with Plush skin :P) , so any input is welcome for further improvement!
Also for iPad use, let me know what can be improved!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Hmm, haven't really given it that much thought to be honest :P Just noticed that it doesn't fill up my entire screen :P But the option to widen each column would be nice, preferably letting the user choose the width, if possible. In history the column for the save path can sometimes be a bit to narrow in my opinion. Other than that I can't really think of anything specific right now, I'll think about it over the next few days. See if I can come up with something useful.

Edit: Maybe a column that displays from which nzb site I've downloaded the .nzb? Dunno if that's something that interests the crowd though.

Edit2: A column that would contribute, in my book, would be a 'category' column, and maybe age? For all these I personally believe they'd benefit from being opt-in/opt-out options - for wide screen resolutions.
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Orphaned jobs, found under the 'wrench' icon. Shouldn't they be at the top? While browsing on tablets or similar smaller screens it's easy to miss the orphaned jobs. I didn't find them on my iPad the first few times :P
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

In Beta 2 the popup with all that information will be in tabs, it was becoming way too long indeed!
Also it will include the option to enable the extra column on wider screens (+1200 pixels), which can be category, priority, script or post processing option! O0
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

safihre wrote:In Beta 2 the popup with all that information will be in tabs, it was becoming way too long indeed!
Forgot to tell you this.
I needed to do a browser refresh before the tabs actually showed up.
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

safihre wrote:In Beta 2 the popup with all that information will be in tabs, it was becoming way too long indeed!
Also it will include the option to enable the extra column on wider screens (+1200 pixels), which can be category, priority, script or post processing option! O0
A new tab in the web-browser or some popup tab/window within sabnzbd?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The same thing as now, but that window within sabnzbd will have tabs!
b0x

Post by b0x »

Adjustment to the admin section sizing needed.

Here's what I see currently -
http://new.b0x.net/config.page.sizing.jpg

I tweaked the container size from 970px to 100% with Chrome inspection and it looks like this (much better)
http://new.b0x.net/config.page.sizing.at.100.jpg

.container {
width: 100%;

You may have a better option that is more responsive, but for now I will stretch the browser window to get it to show the rest of the buttons.

Thanks!

Back to Equestria
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Good point, I made it 100% for the RSS pages now.
But you must be viewing it on a pretty small screen, anything above 1200px and it would already look good!

Won't be in the next Beta (think Shypike already build it), but will definitely be in the final version!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

safihre wrote: Won't be in the next Beta (think Shypike already build it), but will definitely be in the final version!
If it's in "develop" it will be in Beta3.
First halve of coming week.
b0x

Post by b0x »

safihre wrote:Good point, I made it 100% for the RSS pages now.
But you must be viewing it on a pretty small screen, anything above 1200px and it would already look good!

Won't be in the next Beta (think Shypike already build it), but will definitely be in the final version!
I have lots of room on my large screen ;-). Just like to have several things open at the same time. I'm thinking 1000px might be a better break point then 1200 too. I have my current window at 1045px.
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Finally, I am running 0.8.0 Beta3 [0b6395f] since yesterday :) The tabs in the "status and interface options" menu was a wise move, especially for the orphaned jobs.

Thanks for making the opt-out for the confirmation dialogues. Would it be possible to separate the error queue / list from the history queue? I am getting a lot of minor errors related to my usenet provider, which would be super to just remove without having to confirm it :P
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Well the reason it's not separated is practical: we already have the translations available for those texts in many languages, since they were in Plush before. If I would add a separate one for errors, it's text (next to the checkmark) would be in English.. :/
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

I see, that's too bad :(