1.2.0RC1 Incorrect default RSS categories

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

1.2.0RC1 Incorrect default RSS categories

Post by ErikBrown »

1.2.0RC1
Windows 10
smpl

The RSS feed definitions in Config - RSS have a default category setting at the first line as part of the default setting for the options Category, Priority, Processing and Script. When you go to the bottom of the RSS feed definition, you see the number of matched, not matched and downloaded items. When you click on "not matched", then all not matched items are shown. On the right of each item the category and age is shown. Since the items shown were not matched by any filter, their category should be the default category for this RSS feed. But this is not the case. They get the category of the last checked filter.

When you select any of the not matched items for download, then it will be downloaded with category that was shown for it.

Another point is that SABnzbd sometimes a few characters adds to the RSS feed link. It adds sometimes [u' to the start of the definition of the link so it becomes [u'https://
It does this only rarely and I was unable to determine when it adds these characters.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1.2.0RC1 Incorrect default RSS categories

Post by shypike »

The RSS feed code was extensively changed, so accidents can happen :(
We'll check the first issue.

One question about the second issue: do you use multiple RSS feed URLs for a single rule-set?
It looks like part of the code isn't expecting to get a list of URLs.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Could you tell us where it shows this [u' ? In errors?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ErikBrown »

The [u' was indeed seen on a new RSS rule set with two URLs. The [u' showed up before the URL in both the URLs shown below the RSS rule name and also in the textbox after clicking on edit. (where you can edit the URLs). Note that I also noticed two extra characters at the end of the URL at some point but I do not remember the characters.

At some point I noticed the extra characters at the beginning and end of the URLs and then I got an error message shown in a bar almost at the top of the screen saying something about not being able to interpret the request. So I assumed that this was an error reply from the indexer since the extra characters were added to the RSS feed URL parameters. It appeared that the extra [u' in front of the https:// did not stop SABnzbd from connecting to the indexer.

I have removed the extra characters using the edit button.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

The problem are related and a little different.
The "u:[https" notation is casued by saving the feed category.
That's a bug and we'll fix that in 1.2.0Final.
Without that bug, the behaviour is this:

Assuming your indexer has categories and you set up user categories to match those of the indexer.
(Example: your indexer has TV:SD and TV:HD and you setup user category "TV" and expression "TV:*")
Now any job in TV:SD and TV:HD will be assigned the category "TV".
The RequireCat filter works on the original category (So you'd use TV:SD or TV:* or TV:HD)
When you do not have a default feed category (DFC), each matching job will have user category TV, as it should.
However, when you set the DFC to "Other", there's a slight problem.
SABnzbd will just keep the TV category and not assign "Other".
This is not correct.
It goes really wrong when your categories are not setup to match indexer categories.
We'll fix this too.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

We've discovered the root cause.
Will be fixed in 1.2.0Final
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ErikBrown »

Shypike and safihre,

I would like to let you know that I like the multiple URL per filter set very much. i had been contemplating for some time to pickup programming again just to write a utility that would modify the rule-sets in the SABnzbd ini file for the same purpose. (avoiding having to maintain duplicate rule-sets for different indexers).

Just one comment. Before with one URL per ruleset it was easy to determine if the URL as defined in SABnzbd would actually return items. If the matched and not matched lists were empty, then obviously something was wrong. But now with the multiple URL per rule set it appears that it is not easy to determine if the results come from all defined URLs or if one of the URLs is not working. I realize that the URL on its own can be tested by copying it to a webbrowser. But testing it if it works in SABnzbd appears to be difficult now. Also the history with the completed download shows only the filter set name, not the URL. So I think that it will be very useful to have a status indicator for each URL that will indicate if the last read of the URL resulted in a failure or a proper list of items.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

@ErikBrown I was thinking the same thing.
I was considering maybe adding the icon of the specific website to the lists, but this is not helpful if a website doesn't have an icon or you use 2 feeds from the same website.
I will think how to implement some status icon for 1.2.1!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate