[2.0.0 RC 1] 64bit upgrade from 32bit

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Taomyn

Re: [2.0.0 RC 1] 64bit upgrade from 32bit

Post by Taomyn »

safihre wrote:We delete everything in the Program folder, so if you place the INI file there then it also gets deleted.
You never used to do this nor have even mentioned this in the change log, and I did not put the INI file there as it has been present in that location since 0.x - I can probably show you this from the past 3yrs of remote backups.
safihre wrote:That folder is meant only for the program, not for any settings. This is how every other program operates.. User-data is stored in %localappdata%, never with the program.
Actually false, there is also "ProgramData" which is better for service based installations. I actually run the SABnzbd server as a service using a domain account so it can access a file share on another server - the %localappdata% in the profile folder for that service account does not have any data for SABnzbd, just a Microsoft and Temp folder. Basically I can and have deleted this profile folder and the service will simply generate a new one and SABnzbd would not notice.
safihre wrote: On Windows a program doesn't even have access to write to it's own directory in the "Program Files (x86)" directory without admin access, exactly because of this.
Yes it does if you don't install it to "Program Files (x86)" and you cannot assume this location especially for those that run a small SSD for the system and a second larger HDD for applications. I have installed to "D:\Program Files", where I am perfectly entitled to and since v0.x of SABnzbd not once have there been problems - except the one time you did break it but quickly fixed it for a v1 release (it too was causing a reversion to default settings and the wizard appearing).