[2.2.0Alpha2] Isn't enforcing maximum line speed

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
JideRat

[2.2.0Alpha2] Isn't enforcing maximum line speed

Post by JideRat »

Version: 2.2.0Alpha2 [ece0490]
Install-type: linux repository (Used Guide: https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubuntu/instal ... untu-16-04)
Skin (if applicable): Glitter
Firewall Software: None
Are you using IPV6? Yes
Is the issue reproducible? Yes

SABnzbd doesn't seem to enforce the maximum line speed set under config -> General. There appears to be a work around, but it doesn't stick after reboot. If you manually adjust the speed through the throttle control bar any percent < 100, it'll then acknowledge the line speed set and adjust down. It’ll remain at the set limit if you set the throttle bar back up to 100%.

Examples below: Image 0 is a screen cap of the install paths. I have the maximum line speed set to 1.5 MB/s within the config (image 1), but you’ll see in image 2 it starts the download at near my max download speed of 4~ MB/s. However, in image 3 the throttle control does list the set 1.5 MB/s. When I reduce it to 99% of the set limit, the download reduces speed (image 4), and remains reduced when I put it back to 100% (image 5).

Full Imgur album w/ descriptions

Image 0
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
JideRat

Re: [2.2.0Alpha2] Isn't enforcing maximum line speed

Post by JideRat »

I'm dumb. This is OK to lock/close. If anyone else finds this issue via search down the road; Maximum line speed does not work independently of Percentage of line speed. You must set Percentage of line speed to 100 for it to enable the cap. Otherwise a setting of 0 will allow it to run at unlimited speed.