2.2.0b1 Sudden Shutdown

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
dany20mh

2.2.0b1 Sudden Shutdown

Post by dany20mh »

Hi,

I just download the Beta 1 today (I was on Alpha 3) and when I enable the Direct Unpack, it will do some unpacking and some how it will suddenly shutdown the application. (I get notification that SABnzbd Shutdown).

But if I make the Direct Unpack disable, everything works fine and I don't get any shutdown.

Disk : 2 different HDD (average 120Mb/s, one for temp and one for download)
RAM : 32 GB
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2.2.0b1 Sudden Shutdown

Post by safihre »

Could you enable Debug logging in the Status window, enable Direct Unpack, wait for it to break and then in the Status window download the log?
If you could send it to me at [email protected] I can try to see what is going wrong.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
dany20mh

Post by dany20mh »

I put the log on Debug, but it hasn't done any shutdown so far, and also sometimes it do the direct unpack and sometimes it don't.
Sometimes it's shows xx/zz but sometimes it shows only xx
dany20mh

Post by dany20mh »

Also for example I see that sometimes Direct Unpack do for example until 39/43 and then disappear and when the file goes to queue, it start the unpack from the beginning and even the status says quick check was fine.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

After each of those cases you can check in the log where it says Direct Unpack was aborted. Usually if some article was missing.
I also noticed indeed that sometimes an article is bad, but the download is still fine. So maybe I'll disable the aborting directly, only if lots of stuff is missing.

If it only shows xx its because it's an obfuscated post and we don't know the total number of files that are part of it.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
dany20mh

Post by dany20mh »

Thanks for the info, I got one shutdown, I send you the log to the email.
dany20mh

Post by dany20mh »

So far it's working good, I didn't see any shutdown, but even it was I didn't see it :D
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I was hoping so!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Could you search the logs for "Restarting because of crashed assembler"? And if any of those are present after I send you that new version.
dany20mh

Post by dany20mh »

Well I didn't get any restart but I hit the log and search for restart word and didn't find anything in there.