Stalled download in py3

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Puzzled

Stalled download in py3

Post by Puzzled »

The nzb was at 100% in the admin. Unfortunately I only had info level logging, but the log said

[.. .] some decoding
2019-05-23 14:38:35,088::INFO::[decoder:141] CRC Error in z
[.. .] some more decoding
2019-05-23 14:44:29,982::INFO::[assembler:87] Decoding \\?\E:\incomplete\y\x.part24.rar yenc
2019-05-23 15:24:36,236::INFO::[nzbqueue:824] Resetting bad trylist for file x.part78.rar in job y
2019-05-23 15:24:38,636::INFO::[nzbqueue:727] [N/A] Ending job y
2019-05-23 15:27:34,463::INFO::[downloader:804] Thread [email protected]: server closed connection

And then nothing until I pressed ctrl-c some hours later, which made it unpack the file and continued instead of stopping the server. All the decoding log entries for part25 and higher came very quickly after I pressed ctrl-c, together with some more "Resetting bad trylist for file" messages. Is this something that's fixed in develop? If not I can try debugging some more.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Stalled download in py3

Post by safihre »

Is this with your CPU-usage patch applied?
Could you send me the NZB at [email protected]? I'd be interested in those CRC errors.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

It was with my patch and yappi, but the most likely trigger was network problems. The ping time could be up to several seconds. Sorry, I forgot about that because it didn't affect transfer rate much. I have tried the same nzb several time since with no problems. I got the CRC error every time so it was probably irrelevant.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

If you see more CRC errors, let me know, could be a problem in sabyenc :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate