How to use Deobfuscate feature in 3.1.0Beta1 ?

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: How to use Deobfuscate feature in 3.1.0Beta1 ?

Post by sander »

Epedemic wrote: September 19th, 2020, 2:41 pm So to sum it up: m2ts files in a blu-ray/UHD blu-ray file structure (in bdmv\stream should NEVER be renamed). I can think of situations though where a m2ts should be renamed (eg in a remux to a single m2ts instead of mkv, but that is another case, and not really anything i dabble in)
So a m2ts file can be a standalone file? If so, then I agree, and it should be renamed (if obfuscated)

@epedemic: how do you play m2ts files in a structure: do you clock on a m2ts file, or do you feed the directory structure to a player (like VLC). If from the directory structure, would it only accept files of format NNNNN.m2ts, or also "My Download Blabla - NNNNN.mts".

Reason: I'm thinking about renaming with keeping the order number (if it exsits) in place. That could work for blu-ray structures like yours, but also if you have "nmy-cd1.mkv" and "nmy-cd2.mkv"
Epedemic

Re: How to use Deobfuscate feature in 3.1.0Beta1 ?

Post by Epedemic »

sander wrote: September 20th, 2020, 1:16 am So a m2ts file can be a standalone file? If so, then I agree, and it should be renamed (if obfuscated)
It can. And in that case it should be renamed.
sander wrote: September 20th, 2020, 1:16 am @epedemic: how do you play m2ts files in a structure: do you clock on a m2ts file, or do you feed the directory structure to a player (like VLC). If from the directory structure, would it only accept files of format NNNNN.m2ts, or also "My Download Blabla - NNNNN.mts".
Personally i use a standalone uhd blu ray player with a usb port, and it NEEDS the files to be exactly like that. They are referenced in the index.bdmv and/or .mpls files. Or sometimes i remux them to mkv with makemkv, which also requires the files to be with original naming.
sander wrote: September 20th, 2020, 1:16 am Reason: I'm thinking about renaming with keeping the order number (if it exsits) in place. That could work for blu-ray structures like yours, but also if you have "nmy-cd1.mkv" and "nmy-cd2.mkv"
Please don't. I'm 99% sure it will break compatibility with pretty much everything.