0.4.0-beta5: downloads stops at last 1 MB

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

0.4.0-beta5: downloads stops at last 1 MB

Post by sander »

Hi,

Strange behaviour with 0.4.0-beta5: the 4GB download stops at the last 1 MB. This happens with two different NZBs from binsearch. They stay in the queue like this:

Remain/Total
1.56/4271.72 MB
0.49/4731.38 MB

I am now testing with a NZB from yabsearch to see if it's causes by some binsearch-specifics.

I don't know if it's beta5 related, or also happens on other versions. I can test that in a few days.

I'll send the NZBs to [email protected] so that others can test.
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 0.4.0-beta5: downloads stops at last 1 MB

Post by shypike »

Any logging to backup your suggestion that SABnzbd is to be blamed?

Why do I ask?
My primary usenet provider has very odd behavior when old articles are missing.
It takes them forever to find out that such an article is indeed missing, so with a 120 sec timeout
this means a full 2 minutes per article before SAB gives up. And even then it will
try again because it never gets the "not found" message from the server.
My experience with astraweb and giganews is better, they tell you quickly that the article is missing.
(But my current provider is so cheap that I can forgive this easily).
switch

Post by switch »

Do you use a fillserver? In the past I have found problems with a download stopping right at the end when using a fillserver, but I don't think I ever worked out why it blocked the queue.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

No, I don't use a fillserver, but I do use two servers. Of which one, BTW, was not carrying the post anymore. I'll disable the second server and see what happens.

Yes, the posts are old (55 - 69 days)

And: the NZB from yabsearch results in the same: queue stalls at 1.48/4743.90 MB.

Nothing special in the log, as far as I can see:

16:34:21,992::INFO::[downloader] Thread [email protected]:119: server closed connection
2008-05-15 16:34:30,831::INFO::[downloader] Thread [email protected]:119: server closed connection
2008-05-15 16:34:31,661::INFO::[downloader] Thread [email protected]:119: server closed connection
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Oh, and I will ask someone else to download the same NZB from the same News server, but with different download software.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Well, with only one server I get the same result: download stalls at "1.97/4271.72 MB".

Logging does not show any very special stuff: in the complete download 6 CRC errors and 7 articles missings. I will send the logging to [email protected]
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

sander wrote: Oh, and I will ask someone else to download the same NZB from the same News server, but with different download software.

Result: the other person (same NZB, same Newsserver, other download software) succesfully downloaded. So it must be something in SABnzbd, right?
Last edited by sander on May 16th, 2008, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

FYI:
I'm now downloading the same NZB from the same Newsserver, but with SABnzbd 0.3.4 (under another Linux account) just to see if that works.
If that works, it must be something between 0.3.4 and 0.4.0 Beta 5 (or the Linux account).
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

sander wrote: FYI:
I'm now downloading the same NZB from the same Newsserver, but with SABnzbd 0.3.4 (under another Linux account) just to see if that works.
If that works, it must be something between 0.3.4 and 0.4.0 Beta 5 (or the Linux account).
Result of download with SABnzbd 0.3.4 (under other Linux account): Success, NZB fully downloaded!

Question to shypike and switch: are you still involved in this thread?

Oh, and BTW: with SABnzbd 0.3.4 I get a higher download speed than with 0.4.0 Beta 5. See included picture: 0.3.4 is on the right (one download), 0.4.0 Beta 5 is on the left/middle (four download).  ???
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Grrr, when using SAB 0.3.4 under my own account and thus with existing sabnzbd.ini, even 0.3.4 stalls at "0.74/4731.38 MB".

Next try: a download with a clean sabnzbd.ini
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

sander wrote:
Next try: a download with a clean sabnzbd.ini
Well, with a clean, new sabnzbd.ini, used by Beta 5, everythings works OK. So that must mean the root cause is in sabnzbd.ini ... ? As there are quite some differences between the functional and the non-funtional sabnzbd.ini (password on GUI, extra newsserver with max 0 connections, other interface, etc, etc), I think it's too time consuming to find out what's causing the problem.

So I'll keep the clean sabnzbd.ini and try to change as little as possible and hope everything stays OK ...
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Yes, I downloaded the job without problems.
I don't recognize any of the problems with old caches and old INI files.
Especially the INI files should interchangeable.

If you want, email the INI files (without the passwords).
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Thanks for the INI.
I can find nothing wrong in it.
Even the server with 0 connections is  no problem, I use this all the time to switch between servers.

I give up, sorry.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

sander wrote:
Oh, and BTW: with SABnzbd 0.3.4 I get a higher download speed than with 0.4.0 Beta 5. See included picture: 0.3.4 is on the right (one download), 0.4.0 Beta 5 is on the left/middle (four download).  ???
Please ignore this remark; it was probably caused by a p2p upstream bandwidth which was too high, and thus throttling the downstream traffic.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Sander,

I did discover a problem when you have servers with 0 connections.
Indeed sometimes the queue hangs up because SABnzbs insists on trying and retrying the 0 connection servers forever.

The next release will ignore any server with 0 connections.