060B3 No retry possible after disk full error

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

060B3 No retry possible after disk full error

Post by ErikBrown »

SABnzbd 060 B3
Windows XP SP3
Smpl black

On my download PC, the temporary download folder is located on the C drive. The folder where the completed download will be written to is located on another harddisk. This harddisk (with the final destination folder) happens to get full sometimes. Since SABnzbd does not have a feature to check for a minimum free diskspace on this final destination folder, I used to loose the downloads with previous versions of SABnzbd when the harddisk got full. But with earlier alpha and beta versions of version 060, there was a retry option shown on the Warnings page and that would recover the download. But now with 060B3 that feature seems not to be there anymore. SABnzbd now shows the message that the file could not be written with the text [R]etry, [A]bort behind it as if it was intended to be links that are clickable. But they were not links and it appeared that there was no way to recover the downloaded file.

After a restart of SABnzbd the message about the failed download had disappeared. Can the retry feature be put back? It was a great help.
Last edited by ErikBrown on March 12th, 2011, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 060B3 No retry possible after disk full error

Post by shypike »

The retry is still there.
It's always been in the History page.
The screenshot you posted is the Status page.
That page will show orphaned folder in the temporary download folder
and the "Repair" button that will reconstruct the queue.

I don't recognize at all what you describe.
SABnzbd never had an [R]etry,[A]Bort dialog.
Isn't that the operating system prompting you?
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ErikBrown »

Hi Shypike,

I one of the recent alpha or beta versions I managed to recover a few downloads after my destination harddisk was full and unpacking the file failed. I am not sure anymore which version it was.

As an alternative, would it not be possible to pause all the downloads if unpacking fails due to a disk full error?

Erik
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

It already does that.
Plus you can set a minimum required free diskspace for the drive
of the "temporary download folder", which will halt downloading.
If you're using one disk, the set the minimum so that at least
your normally largest job can be unpacked.
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ErikBrown »

Hi Shypike,

The feature of pausing the downloads when the free space of the harddisk reaches a certain minimum level works only when you use one harddisk. If the final destination folder is on another harddisk than the temporary download folder, then the downloads will not stop if the harddisk with the final destination folder gets full. Would it not be possible to pause the download after a download fails due to too less diskspace on the final destination harddisk?

Erik
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Why stop downloading as long as the temp disk isn't full?
The jobs will wait in the queue for retry.
Opinions will vary on this subject.
We're not going to do something like this for 0.6.0, maybe later.
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ErikBrown »

Dear Shypike,

In 060B3 there is no option shown in history to retry the download after the harddisk with the final destination directory got full. I have again tested it and I have emailed a screen capture of the history page to bugs at sabnzbd dot org

You wrote:"Why stop downloading as long as the temp disk isn't full? The jobs will wait in the queue for retry." I am not sure if this is correct because after the final destination harddisk got full the following errors were shown on the warnings page indicating that it tried to remove the temporary download folder:

2011-03-19 18:24:16,012 ERROR: Error removing workdir (C:\SABnzbd\incomplete\Filename)
2011-03-19 18:24:11,375 ERROR: Failed moving C:\SABnzbd\incomplete\Filename\Filename posted by iglo.part14.rar to F:\SABnzbd\All2\Documentary\_UNPACK_Filename\Filename posted by iglo.part14.rar
2011-03-19 18:23:46,799 WARNING: ERROR:: write error ( in the file F:\SABnzbd\All2\Documentary\_UNPACK_Filename/Filename posted by iglo.avi [R]etry, [A]bort)

Also note the end of the last line. It appears that you can retry the download but clicking on [R]etry, [A]bort does not do anything.

Regards,
Erik
Last edited by ErikBrown on March 19th, 2011, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

How is the setting "process only verified jobs" in Config->Switches?
If it's off, then a failing unrar will not be considered an error, hence no retry.

Setting that option off is only for people having their own sophisticated post-processing scripts.
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ErikBrown »

Dear Shypike,

"process only verified jobs" was indeed not ticked. Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,
Erik
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ErikBrown »

Dear Shypike,

Sorry to still come back to you but I still do not manage to get the retry feature to work after my final destination disk gets full. I have made a few screen captures and I have emailed them together with the log and config file to bugs at sabnzbd dot org.

I have "process only verified jobs" ticked.

Please also look at the screen capture of the Warnings page. Note that the entries that show the failed downloads due to the disk full error end with "[R]etry, [A]bort)". It appears that this is meant to allow a retry feature but clicking on the "[R]etry, [A]bort)" has no effect.

Please ignore the email errors, I had used a wrong email password. Also note that in the mean time I upgraded to version 060B4 but this did not make a difference for this issue.

Regards,
Erik
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Did you open the details in History view (the plus + icon)?
That's where the retry button will be.
The "retry/abort" you see now is just the error message coming from unrar or the OS.

BTW: I advise you to use the Plush skin, because Smpl no longer supports all features.
lsdriscoll

Post by lsdriscoll »

For anyone using this post as a reference, the message the OP mentioned containing the [R]etry [A]bort switches is a console prompt from unrar and has nothing to do with actual sabnzbd output
WyldWolf

Post by WyldWolf »

Hate to revive this after almost a full decade LOL......but this is not nor ever was true. Even in 2018 using ANY available skin, if you have a simple disk full error while unpacking, the MESSAGE of a retry is absolutely in the warning, but you cannot actually TAKE ACTION to retry - it's a "dead" warning. If I'm (and everyone else that's posted) is wrong, we would all be super appreciative of either indicating just how you can retry without having to leave sabnzbd and do it all by hand, or better yet if this could ever be addressed in the code to actually provide the user a method to actually select the retry option then that would be awesome. TIA!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Sorry I'm not fully understanding.
Can you explain the situation you have now and what you think should happen?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate